Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

am i the only CM that doesnt do ANY planning????!!

(16 Posts)
smeeinit Wed 03-Oct-07 18:55:20

none of the cms i know do any planning and i dont do a single piece of it either blush
im sure im prob very behind with my paperwork/policys too.
i just get soooo fed up with hearing about all the new policys etc we have to do sad
im due an inspection witin the next year (last one was nov 05) and i just know i wont get a grade equallying my last "good" as i just dont have the time nor do i want to do all the blardy planning etc..
my mindees and their parents are very happy with me and i know i do a good job and the children enjoy their time with me,we do masses of different inside and outside activities that we all enjoy.
someone tell me im not the only one who feels like this about the sodding paperwork?

smeeinit Wed 03-Oct-07 19:13:35

OMG its just me isnt it?!!!

StrawberryMartini Wed 03-Oct-07 19:15:59

What do you mean by planning? Do you mean planning activities? If so, you're not alone. I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do one day to the next. Depends a lot on the weather for a start! Are we supposed to plan? Bloody hell I hope not - I left teaching for that very reason!

smeeinit Wed 03-Oct-07 19:18:11

yep,planning activities,observations etc......
all i want to do is look after children!

Ghostashoshabuster Wed 03-Oct-07 19:32:17

I do planning, very detailed but I'm accredited so have to do written curriculum.

I also do a monthly, what we are going to do, and what I want each child to get out of it, plus obs etc for under 3's

Katymac Wed 03-Oct-07 19:32:36

Well I do 30 sec observations 1 per child per week and write them on a form eg S stood for a few seconds; D loves playing with plastic blocks

Then I plan the next steps on the same form eg Put more toys on the small table so S can stand at the table to play; get some different blocks out

Then I write the date I do the 'next steps'

So that is my B23 planning done

I also take photos put them in a scrap book and number them, then usinhg an excell spreadsheet I automatically label them for B23 eg Strong child: Me myself & I:Growing awareness of self

(Littlelapin did the spreadsheet it's so clever)

& I just print it out when the book is full (or when OFSTED comes eg Friday)

& that is all my planning/observations etc

Policies are a different matter

AskABusyPerson Wed 03-Oct-07 21:15:39

What a fab idea Katymac, I keep diaries for 'proper' mindees (I do a few ad-hoc bits of minding for friends and they don't want diaries, just a quick chat now and then!) so I am observing mindees so I can write their diaries but then there's nothing in my folders to show this!

Hopefully this sort of thing will satisfy EYFS too, got my pack the other day..........nearly fell asleep reading through it, although that could be cos I'm pregnant and fall asleep at the drop of a hat!

As for planning, I do it on my whiteboard the night before as all depends which children I have, so again, no record in my folder...hmm

Smeeinit - do you keep a 'house' diary of what you do? Mine states what the food was on offer, what activities we did, what the main toys on offer or selected were and nap times. This sort of diary would at least show Ofsted you do do loads of stuff!

smeeinit Wed 03-Oct-07 21:24:23

no i dont keep any sort of diary blush i know what we are doing and when,i take masses of photos of everything we do,but thats about it! blush
god i feel sooooo inadequate!!

Katymac Wed 03-Oct-07 21:29:04

Do you put a copy of the photos in an album/scrap book?

If so I'll send my programme & all you do is type in a number for B23 & print out a list every 30 photos or so - it only takes about 10 mins to do 30

smeeinit Wed 03-Oct-07 21:39:45

yep katy i keep all the photos,have them on a board and in photo album.
that would be fab if you could send that to me,would be very gratefull.
nik1971@btinternet.com

Katymac Wed 03-Oct-07 21:45:06

Done

alibubbles Wed 03-Oct-07 22:17:04

katymac, can I ask for a copy too please? It is always great to share ideas, and hopefully I'll be able to share with you too!

alison@think-small.co.uk

Katymac Wed 03-Oct-07 22:20:29

done

mogs0 Wed 03-Oct-07 22:31:01

I don't plan either!! I often think I must be missing out something really vital as I do minimal paperwork. The bulk of the paperwork seems to be when I get a new mindee (consent forms, contracts, etc).

I do take LOADS of photos and every few weeks I put them in a folder. I even took a photo of mindees lunch the other day as it looked really yummy and healthy, thought I could put it in my folder to show new parents examples of the meals I cook!!

smeeinit Thu 04-Oct-07 10:55:45

oh mogs thank god im not the only one!! grin

NannyL Thu 04-Oct-07 13:35:30

I dont do any planning but as a nanny i dont have to grin

would HATE to have to do all the plans etc.... when they are so small i honestly dont see the point.... we do loads of locely stuff and the chidlren get loads out of what i do with them... i just dont document it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now