Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Oh I dont know where to start .............................

(4 Posts)
mosschops30 Tue 02-Oct-07 16:37:17

ds has been with CM for 2 yrs now. No problems, he has practically become part of their family, and I couldnt have lived wihtout her really.
Anyway during the summer she told me she was taking on another mindee same age as ds (2.7) and his brother (11 mnths). She was unsure of this as his behaviour was terrible when they came to visit.
Anyway she took them on a probationary period, and has already had to drop the hours because he is such a handful.
He has inflicted a few injuries on ds, but particularly yesterday and today where he hit him in the eye with a book whilst CM was driving.
I was angry yesterday but was fuming today, CM says she is giving them notice as my ds comes first and she cannot have him disrupted. But now I kinda feel guilty (not sure why).

I think I just want to know what other CM's would do in this situation or how other mums would feel, thanks smile

looneytune Tue 02-Oct-07 16:40:12

quicky as ds nagging for the laptop grin

don't feel bad, i once gave notice resulting in 3 children leaving and only 1 mindee staying but it was down to that mindees behaviour and i wasn't going to risk loosing the one who came first who behaved well. I was out of work for 3 months after that but it was the right thing to do.

dustystar Tue 02-Oct-07 16:42:22

I don't blame you for being angry I'd have felt just the same. Don't feel guilty though as your CM has to consider the welfare of all the children in her care so if another mindee keeps causing problems she has to do something about it. It sounds like she has made an effort to accomodate this child but that his behaviour is unmanagable. I am a childminder and i would give them notice in this situation too.

Is your ds ok?

mosschops30 Tue 02-Oct-07 16:57:49

Oh thank god, I felt so awful today and even though I told her it wasnt my place to ask her to give notice (as this is what she expected me to do) I was glad that she was going to do it.

I just hope she actually goes through with it as she is going to see his mum tonight for a talk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now