Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - time to give notice????

(12 Posts)
looneytune Tue 02-Oct-07 13:28:18

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/2300/398375

This was the last straw for me - fallen out with mum of the 2 sisters and I don't know how much more I can take. A lot of you know the history, why do some people have kids FFS!!!

I'm here in tears and shaking from the phone call, I have a 2 month notice period....shall I give notice?

COUNTPinkChickULA Tue 02-Oct-07 13:37:04

has she had warnings before?, do you have times you can refer to when she has acted unreasonably(no you cant refer to mnetwinkgrin), can you afford to take the cut?
at the least you need to sit them down, go over your rules and regs and explain again what you will or will not accept in the way of behaviour or illness and get them to agree and sign..talk about living to work and not working to live..i would hate to turn out like hersad

Booh Tue 02-Oct-07 14:47:28

I have just read your other thread and I gave notice on exactly the same reasons - I knew when the child was ill as the mum wouldn't hand the baby to me she would always put her down on the play mate...........as soon as mum had gone and I picked up the baby I KNEW she would have a temp............

Oh and she even took her home early one day to then call me two hours later so say she was fine and could she bring her back!!!

MaureenMLove Tue 02-Oct-07 14:56:34

Any chance of lining someone else up within the next two months. I know its not all about the money, but that's got to be a big factor. You need to re-iterate your T&C's to her definately. LMG worded it really well on the other thread, have a look at that again and tell her that. Maybe, (and I'm not defending her in any way!) but just maybe she really did have her back against the wall with work and took it out on you. Surely to god, she must be able to understand the way she spoke to you was totally outrageous though. What d'ya reckon, any chance she'll apologise when she collects?

looneytune Tue 02-Oct-07 15:29:41

Pink - not done warnings before but one very clear example I could give would be when baby was throwing up badly from major coughing fits and eventually I told her baby needed picking up. I phoned at 11am and mum was saying she'd try and get her au pair out of college to pick baby up! shock But au pair couldn't get here til 4pm so I basically had to wait til then!!! angry

Booh - bloody hell, thought this was bad (and I'm sure they make sure she doesn't have a temp to start by dosing her up) but to phone back later and ask if they can come back.....I've heard it all now!!

MML - this is the thing. I'm always turning work down and things have been great but with it being 2 kids at once and 3 days a week...what if I can't fill! I want to put the feelers out by advertising however I'd worry they'd see that (since looking at another thread where CM got caught out - however she was a cow!) so part of me was wondering if I gave 2 months notice, I'd have 2 months to try and fill the vacancies. BUT...if I didn't fill it WOULD be a problem. What to do?!!!

jellyjelly Tue 02-Oct-07 20:09:51

Hey you.

You have had problems with this families lack of respect for you for a very long time. I personally would give 2 months notice and offer the place to your mailing list. I would also put in your policy that sick children need to be picked up within one hour to prevent this happening again, it is unacceptable for the child, ds and you to expect to wait for 4/5 hours with a sick child. Its not on.

jellyjelly Tue 02-Oct-07 20:09:51

Hey you.

You have had problems with this families lack of respect for you for a very long time. I personally would give 2 months notice and offer the place to your mailing list. I would also put in your policy that sick children need to be picked up within one hour to prevent this happening again, it is unacceptable for the child, ds and you to expect to wait for 4/5 hours with a sick child. Its not on.

looneytune Tue 02-Oct-07 20:13:35

[hides in shame that jellyjelly has seen looney still having problems all this time later blush]

I know, I know......see my last message in the high temp thread and you'll see why it's so hard to just give notice.

blush and it was ME who started this thread lol.....I really should listen shouldn't i!!!

Ghostashoshabuster Tue 02-Oct-07 20:30:35

Give notice, its a long notice time, thay are not goingto be in a hurry to find somebody elae are they, thay know thay have it easy with you can then you can freely advertise. You have done more than your duty by these parents.

SpooKAYsamuels Wed 03-Oct-07 07:59:23

I agree, give them notice and then advertise like crazy without feeling guilty about it. You can't carry on like this, you are fab and I'm sure you will find someone else. I cannot see these parents changing, they are so self centred they don't even think of their own children never mind you!! You don't deserve to be treated like this. smile

looneytune Wed 03-Oct-07 09:18:26

Thanks people. I'm not sure where they are today as not turned up or phoned, I suspect they are just dropping off later and decided not to let me know....whatever!!! grin

After a chat with LMGs this morning, she reminded me that in January I have new customers so if I didn't fill the spaces after the notice period, I would only be 1 child x 3 days down rather than the 2 children (although I'd obviously still not be reaching my full potential earnings which were due to increase in Jan but at least I wouldn't be down as much as I original thought) iyswim.

Anyway, they've just turned up....

looneytune Wed 03-Oct-07 09:31:05

Right, turned up and said she'll take the day off as baby still very snotty. She said she's ok but she'll keep her at home. I then said, yes, she'll probably be ok if just at home, but she was distraught on the school runs so not well enough to be out and about. She was friendly and I was friendly too, but not over friendly iyswim.

So, I'm having a think about it. I think what I'll do is do the newsletter and be very firm plus firm up my policy and get each parent to sign. Then if this happens again, they've had their chance and I will realise they will never change and will happily give notice.

I'm wondering if mum has been having a think and realised she could make the same mistake as they did with the au pair?

Anyway, thanks so much everyone, I feel a lot stronger today

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: