Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Staff Room.......................Tuesday

(19 Posts)
Ghostashoshabuster Tue 02-Oct-07 07:43:31

Morning all

Ghostashoshabuster Tue 02-Oct-07 08:09:10

just me this morning,????? i have big grin (see other thresd which meant to put in chat duh)

LoveMyGirls Tue 02-Oct-07 08:09:24

Morning all , i get the feeling today is going to be a long day, i feel like i haven't had any sleep (even though i have had about 8 hrs)

MaureenMLove Tue 02-Oct-07 08:25:07

Morning. An hour ago I had a txt from mindee mum saying that she wasn't sure if mindee was coming today, tummy ache. She said she'd let me know. Still no news and we need to leave for school at 8.30. It is only him that I'm taking to school, so it doesn't matter that much, but you'd think she'd keep me posted wouldn't you? Think I need to make a phone call.

LoveMyGirls Tue 02-Oct-07 08:34:09

I would phone MML.

Katymac Tue 02-Oct-07 08:37:39

Morning all

mumlove Tue 02-Oct-07 09:12:02

Morning, just done the school run, now to pack a bag before going to toddler group.
It's grey here this morning but at least it's not raining.

shosha - that is lovely news.

MaureenMLove Tue 02-Oct-07 09:24:31

She decided to take him to school herself. She reckons he's pulling a fast one, but tbh she doesn't even take the morning off for sports day and he has only had one sick day for 2 years, so I think he is for real.

PinkChick Tue 02-Oct-07 09:46:59

hi allsmile..dd off school today soaring temp last night, saying her eyes hurt???
if fine this morn, but no sleep last night for any of us, so got mum round to keep an eye while i do school run with mindees..if shes ok after lunch ill take her to collect mindees after school!
shes enjoying playing with nana at minsmile
got all new mindees today, one came this morn at 7.30, just took to school, back for nursery mindee at 11, then back for 3 after schooly's with dd and nursery mindee at 3...how DO you all organise yourselves!smile

looneytune Tue 02-Oct-07 10:18:27

Morning all

Shosh - great story

LMGs, Katymac & mumlove - hello

MML - sounds like the parents of these 2 sisters (oh....probably got a high temperature due to lack of sleep, they're fine....HONEST! angry)

PinkChick - poor dd, at least you have someone to keep an eye on her This is one of the things I hate about having no family etc about, poor ds still has to be dragged out if poorly. As for school runs....yes, it can be a nightmare with timings can't it. I've had this for ages and can't wait til ds starts school full time in Jan and no more nursery run. I worked out when talking to LMGs recently that on a Mon & Tues I'm in and out of the car 14 times a day (7 ins and 7 outs - yes, I'm that sad I worked it out grin). I hate the rushing and wish the toddler group hours fit in better etc. but a lot of my problem is that I live in one village, go to groups in 2 others and do school/nursery runs for yet another so takes time as spread out. You do get used to it though wink

Right....one of the girls has a smelly nappy so best go and sort that and then start thinking about putting a bottle on. We've not gone to group today due to baby being poorly but oh yes, she's still sent to me isn't she!!! I'm keeping an eye out but if she takes a turn for the worse, mummy or daddy can get back in the car and drive back from London to take her home!!!!

PinkChick Tue 02-Oct-07 10:51:18

i dont mind the running around TBH(might change my mind when we get the snow and rain tho!), just sat and worked ot my weekly/monthly yearly money from cming last night now ive got the three after schooly's onegringrin..but sad at the tax man taking his healthy cut next year!

COUNTPinkChickULA Tue 02-Oct-07 13:08:05

i need help on cm *club:childcarers/parents opinions please*..if you have a minsmile

looneytune Tue 02-Oct-07 13:24:53

been in tears and trying to calm down, I'm so upset....had first fall out with a parent....see thread here

looneytune Tue 02-Oct-07 15:40:21

Just wanted to say thanks to those who've helped on my 2 threads, you really don't know how reassuring it is to have you guys on here. I was in a state without that so imagine if I was all alone in the childminding world

Big thanks grin

I'm getting really nervous about pick up now. Both girls are in bed and mum due at 4.30.

Deep breaths, deep breaths grin

MaureenMLove Tue 02-Oct-07 17:49:08

God damn it! Its a day for nightmare parents isn't it? Mindee1 mum late because of accident on motoway. She phoned on time, to say she was going to be late - not a problem, shit appens. Other one phones me 5 mins ago, to say she's been held up at work, is everything OK. Er no, you are due in five minutes and yu are still an hour away! angry DH has got the grumps about me childminding again, 'can't wait for you to give this job up!' he said. Still, at least he called it a job and I did remind him that he was only to happy to take the money down the pub on a Friday night! Git!

looneytune Tue 02-Oct-07 18:14:59

FFS, I get the 5 mins late due to traffic as it's bad out there today. Mindee's dad (one I have after pre-school) is always about 10 mins early at least but today he texted 10 mins before to say he was stuck in traffic and would be a few mins late. He was actually dead on time but at least he looked concerned about being late - nice family Plus dh said it's awful out there so yes, parents are bound to get stuck BUT to have someone phone you 5 mins before collection time to say they were held up is far too --f*cking-- late and I'm not surprised dh is fuming HOWEVER, he shouldn't be angry with you! Have you spoken to this mum about running late at work? I'm sure you've had this before haven't you? I hope you have a high penalty charge for that!!! angry

MaureenMLove Tue 02-Oct-07 19:32:43

I don't mind the one that was running late in traffic. She works only 5 minutes away by car, but the main motorway from London had a bad crash and all the traffic comes off around our town. It took her an hour and half to get home! Poor her. The other one knew from my voice that I wasn't happy and sent someone else to collect, who was 10 mins earlier than usual! grin

looneytune Tue 02-Oct-07 19:42:17

Oh.....was the M4 the problem by any chance?....god, if so I'm glad mindees were picked up early then as I don't usually finish with them til 6.30 and they come from London on the M4 and if there is a problem, sometimes they don't get back til 7pm!

I'm so glad they knew you weren't happy and sent someone else. That's one thing I would have no problems whatsoever having stern words with them about!!!

BTW....my dad was FUMING when he heard about this baby today (god, if only he knew the half of it) and he was going on about it should be law that you can't have them when poorly....said that I'm not MEDICALLY trained which is right (as first aid is different)....he said he doesn't understand why they have kids etc etc. He never normally gets involved but my mum told him and when I phoned later (nan's in hospital so was after an update)....he went mental!!! grin He wants to help me with wording etc as it's annoyed him so much lol.

Right, off to take ds to bed then defo having a drink!!!!

Glad you didn't have to work too late in the end

ju Tue 02-Oct-07 23:03:40

<Ju, whistling tunelessly, sweeps out the Staff Room, straightens the cushions on the couch, emptys the urn, has a quick swig of Mo's gin, turns out lights and shuts door>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: