Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

strange suspicions about our nanny. do we broach it?

(18 Posts)
hatwoman Wed 26-Sep-07 22:52:39

we are rapidly coming to the conclusion that she either drinks encona instead of tea or she's shipping it out of the country for use on Al-Q war heads. seriously. she gets through about a bottle a week. dh was most distressed when he couldn;t find any to put on his chilli last night. he swears blind he bought 3 bottles last time he went to the supermarket. what's even stranger is that the bottles disappear - not in the bin or the recycling. hmm what is going on?

PeachesMcLean Wed 26-Sep-07 23:02:49

What's encona?

hatwoman Wed 26-Sep-07 23:09:14

what;s encona?? shock this is Encona. (though I have to admit I never knoew there were so many varieties. you learn something new every day ay)

gomez Wed 26-Sep-07 23:13:45

Have you googled for any nefarious uses? Might be a bit scary thou'?

RosaLuxembourg Wed 26-Sep-07 23:16:07

What does she eat? Is your cooking unfeasibly bland?

hatwoman Thu 27-Sep-07 00:59:58

I'm not sure she does eat - she lives out and is part-time - so technically 3 lunches a week but I think she often skips lunch. curious

jura Thu 27-Sep-07 04:31:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SofiaAmes Thu 27-Sep-07 06:02:54

and you are taking a man's word for the fact that
a) he bought 3 bottles and
b) that he can't find any in the cabinets.

quokka Thu 27-Sep-07 06:10:57

so true! Mine is usually looking straight at it and can't see it

eleusis Thu 27-Sep-07 09:02:43

Oh, those sauces look yummy. Where do you buy them?

eleusis Thu 27-Sep-07 09:03:17

In fact, silly me,what I meant was how do I contact your nanny as she might be able to give me a deal.

StealthPolarBear Thu 27-Sep-07 09:19:49

does she come to ours and eat all the olives (jars included)?

morningpaper Thu 27-Sep-07 09:21:40

This is God's way of telling you to cook with proper spices

Squiffy Thu 27-Sep-07 16:42:14

If your nanny is suspiciously skinny, then chances are she IS drinking it instead of tea..... seriously. Chillis increase metabolism and I am sure I heard that some nutters with anerexia make use of this effect to stay slim. Strange but true.

saying that I would also recommend you check the dog food cupboard, the car boot and the freezer. When DH has put the shopping away I never declare something lost until I have checked all three....

eleusis Thu 27-Sep-07 16:45:14

Really? chilis increase metabolism?

hatwoman Thu 27-Sep-07 16:45:49

she's not suspiciously thin - she has a lovely figure - but I know she'd like to be slimmer. I have read that about spicey food too - and she does go in for all sorts of herbal slimming aids, so I think you could be right.

ladymuck Thu 27-Sep-07 16:50:34

I suspect that she (or your dh) thinks that the sauce lives in a different place. Personally I would check the fridge as I know some people seem to put every open bottle in the fridge.

hifi Thu 27-Sep-07 16:54:48

could it be your children?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now