Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder Issue - HELP

(9 Posts)
sammibaps Wed 26-Sep-07 15:49:49

Would love to hear your thoughts on an issue with my CM about DD. DD was picked up recently and CM told that she had taken DD to toddler group and whilst there she pushed a boy and took some toys off other kids and that she thought this was unacceptable behaviour and a 'meeting' would be needed to ensure that this kind of behaviour doesn't happen again shock. I am somewhat dismayed as this one instance has been completely blown out of proportion and whilst I'm not saying my DD is an angel she isn't a demon child either, surely this behaviour is typical of a 2year old or am I being wrong. We had the meeting and she has put 'rules' in place and wrote a letter outlining that my DD has 4 weeks for her behaviour to get better. As it turns out my DD had a viral infection that week and subsequent the infection attacked her hip joint, which started at 3pm at CM but we didn't find out until we picked her up at 6pm, surely the previous day's antics may have been something to do with this.

Any thoughts for a worried and stressed mum!

Rubybees Wed 26-Sep-07 15:58:26

Its a bit strong that she demanding a meeting really shock, surely it's happened but this thing do happen (2yrs old yes!!)

Very surprise at already giving you 4 weeks for her behaviour to improve angry she has got to work with you on it!! SOund to me like she needes to attend a behaviour course to get lots of ideas on how to deal with this PERFECTLY NORMAL behaviour

sad for you not much I can say to help just that if shes picking on this what else would she pick on????

Justaboutmanaging Wed 26-Sep-07 16:06:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sammibaps Wed 26-Sep-07 16:07:30

Thanks Rubybees I feel exactly the same about what else she will pick up on.

The thing is DD only goes to her for 2 days a week and she is attending preschool for 2 half days in January and unsure whether she is using this as an excuse to get rid of us coz she has someone in the wings - just seems a little harsh seeing as all we used to hear was how good/intelligent/bright etc DS was.

sammibaps Wed 26-Sep-07 16:08:49

Exactly Justaboutmanaging glad its not just me!!

majorstress Wed 26-Sep-07 16:11:30

Even if it is an excuse to get rid of you for her convenience, I would look for another CM for your dds sake. I would wonder if the CM just didn't like the little mite, and I definitely question her competence on behaviour management and picking up on illness in her charges.

PinkChick Wed 26-Sep-07 16:13:33

i have dealt with hell of a lot more than that and not even botherd tell the parents!, FGS, she needs to decide if she wants to be a cm as its not about sitting around while the kids play!, cm's aret heir 'guardians' through day and need to work with them to solve probs..sounds like she wants rid TBH, few around like this here latelysad

Kewcumber Wed 26-Sep-07 16:14:04

my 20 month old started biting children at CM's - she took it very seriously and we had a talk about it and what to do so that we were consistent in our approach. She didn't issue an ASBO though!

sammibaps Wed 26-Sep-07 16:34:57

Thanks for all your comments ladies I think I need to start the search again for CM, what joy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now