Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how long trial do you give?

(5 Posts)
40nanny Tue 25-Sep-07 13:51:48

have had my charge 3 weeks now (4 year old ) cries every time i pick him up from nursery,he only lasted 4 days at last childminder, how long do you give it for settling in peiod thanks?

eleusis Tue 25-Sep-07 14:31:31

I think we need more information to have a helpful opinon on this.

frannikin Tue 25-Sep-07 17:05:52

*echoes eleusis*

Although 3 weeks is a bit long, my current charge settled with me after a week and a bit.

nannynick Tue 25-Sep-07 18:47:38

Does the child tell you what is wrong, when he cries?
Are you a childminder or a nanny... I'm confused (easily done smile). If you are a nanny then when you pick him up from nursery, you take him home to his house - so perhaps he doesn't want to leave nursery? Perhaps he doesn't like being at his house?

Echo what others have said, really need more info to be able to offer advice.

40nanny Wed 26-Sep-07 14:03:07

im a childminder, he comes to my house,he just starts when I pick him up, i do spend time playing and puzzles etc, but constantly asks for his mum,there is other child to play with for hour when here, but he still doesnt settle, just wondering what settling in period others give thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now