Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: KatyMac or anyone else with nursery experience??

(6 Posts)
PinkChick Mon 24-Sep-07 12:55:05

My cousin(a developer-of houses though) ahs just popped round and been chatting about renting some premises near him and opening a nursery.
His wife is priamry school teacher and would run it for him, but he's asked me about set up costs, what to cahrge, what he should do to make his nursery appealing??any advice appreciated, oh and ratios in nursery dot hey wrk same as cm's?
TIA

Katymac Mon 24-Sep-07 12:58:30

Ratios are different

under 2 1:3
2-3 1:4
3-5 1:8

Where to start um I have spent 18months planning mine I don't think I can give advise in one or two paragraphs sorry - do they want to get in touch & I might be able to help (depending upon where they are - I won't help direct competition iyswim)

PinkChick Mon 24-Sep-07 13:05:53

we're in teesside.
its an old church(actually only few years old, but not used anymroe) and is cuurently going for about £17k per annum..he's just after what kind of set up inc costs is involved, trading licences etc, if you could advice in any way we'd be really grateful, but i understand it cant really be 'summed' up' i know what youve gone through to get heresmile

PinkChick Mon 24-Sep-07 13:23:20

katy ive passed your website address onto him so he can use your 'contact us' bit if he wants to ask you anything?, hope thats ok?smile

Katymac Mon 24-Sep-07 13:43:01

Fine - I can ring him & have a proper discussion

PinkChick Mon 24-Sep-07 13:47:13

ill let him know, thanks Katy..have emailed him telling him ive spoke to you, hes very lax at getting back to mesmile..but means well, hearts in right palce and he has his dd today, so will ask in few days if hes got any newssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now