Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Has anyone used a Buggy Pod?

(18 Posts)
Saz73 Mon 24-Sep-07 10:00:45

Hi, Ofsted has just accept my variation for 3 under 5's for two days a week. One of the mindee's is a good little walker and I only have to go approx 200m to pre-school to collect my son, but parent not too keen on her walking!!!!

Just seen on ebay the buggy pod that clips onto the side of a buggy/pushchair, just wondered if anyone has had any experience with them, are they any good for a 2 yr old??

Would have put a link on but I'm rubbish when it comes to the techie stuff.

looneytune Mon 24-Sep-07 10:32:56

here is the link

eleusis Mon 24-Sep-07 11:12:00

I have heard bad things about the buggy pod. Check the weight limit and other restrictions. I can't remember what exactly I heard. Maybe that it was a bit flimsy??

Would the parent be happy with a buggy board?

amidaiwish Mon 24-Sep-07 11:27:59

they're narrow and uncomfortable, plus they tip easily! Don't do it, go for buggy board.

<<<<waves eleusis>>>>>>>

Saz73 Mon 24-Sep-07 11:28:42

Thanks for that, the child that would be going in it is 18mths and is a big child. So maybe not a good idea then. A buggy board won't fit on my side by side double buggy I don't think.

amidaiwish Mon 24-Sep-07 11:34:44

what is the parent's concern? safety?

DD2 is 2 next week and would easily manage 200m.

what about if you got some reins/backpack with a wrist link or something for her?

Saz73 Mon 24-Sep-07 11:44:39

We did the walk last week and mindee really enjoyed it and was great. When you put her in a buggy she always cries she wants to get out anyway.

Think parent is slight worried about the saftey bit but I put reins on her and hold her hand so to me there's no probs with the safety issue. Parent just being over protective maybe.

looneytune Mon 24-Sep-07 12:02:39

I've seen this walk and just don't see the problem?! It's very safe round there too!

Saz, as mentioned earlier, you're welcome to try some of my stuff out. I know you said buggy board no good but I've got a Litaf Seat to Go too (although not used so may want some opinions first). here is a link in case you don't know what it is

I can drop it round when back on the school run tomorrow if you want to try it? (although I'd want to check I have all the bits first wink).

Do you know if the toy library has a triple buggy to borrow?

Saz73 Mon 24-Sep-07 12:10:45

I'm going to phone the toy library tomorrow evening when it opens.

Thanks for the offer of the seat, think you've seen my double buggy would it fit?

looneytune Mon 24-Sep-07 12:13:59

No idea mate, I got it from ebay but never used it (went mad with my grant money when first started wink) I'll ask dh as sure he did get it on my side by side but I can't remember (terrible memory!!)

Good luck at the toy library. I keep wanting to go but the hours are rubbish!!!

mogs0 Mon 24-Sep-07 14:23:46

What double buggy have you got?

Saz73 Mon 24-Sep-07 15:05:53

i have one of the mothercare urban detours. It's fantasic can push and steer with one hand!!

Kiddi Mon 24-Sep-07 18:27:44

If your little one is a light little one, have you thought of using a back pack/sling/babycarrier if it is only a short distance and short time trip? I did this for two weeks, for a slightly longer journey, then found that 18 month old was more interseted in walking than being passenger anyway, so packed said carrier away.

nappyaddict Tue 25-Sep-07 10:58:03

what about this

amidaiwish Tue 25-Sep-07 11:04:56

or the strolli

Saz73 Tue 25-Sep-07 11:06:32

would you beleive it go to all this trouble getting advice and ringing for different things and mum arrive this morning asaying it's now no problem with her walking as she's not wanted to go in a buggy all weekend. So think I will stick rheins on her and see how it goes. Thanks for advice.

Nappy addict - i saw something similar on ebay but it had 3 seats it looked fantastic. Any way will see how the walking goes, it's only for 2 days a week and she doesn't have to walk far and she loves it as we can stop and chat to all the cats and collect leaves.

eleusis Wed 26-Sep-07 18:17:23

At least she came to her senses in the end. smile

And look at all the things you learned on here about crappy buggy pods.

mogs0 Wed 26-Sep-07 18:47:57

I used to have an urban detour and loved it! I was gutted when I moved and realised I couldn't fit the thing through my gate nevermind the front door!!! But, I could attach a kiddyboard to it as it just clamps to the rear axle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now