Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Staff Room....................Its Friday Already!

(47 Posts)
Shoshable Fri 21-Sep-07 07:29:57

And a short day for me, only three today and thay will all be gone about 3grin

BandofMothers Fri 21-Sep-07 07:39:30

<<<<runs in, pinches a croissant, and dashes back out>>>>

Shoshable Fri 21-Sep-07 07:47:21

<<<<<<<sits back and stuffs the choc ones before BOM gets then too>>>>>>>>>>

Where is eveybody today?

Katymac Fri 21-Sep-07 07:50:59

Well I'm awake - but I'm not jubilent

We have a course tomorrowsad messes up my weekend

mumlove Fri 21-Sep-07 07:51:55

Eating breakfast and trying to have a hot coffee before my 2 mindees arrive.

How are you today, when do you get a date to move?

mumlove Fri 21-Sep-07 07:56:49

I don't like it when they end up grouping courses all in the same month so you end up with only 1 weekend day left. The last few courses I have had notice for have all been during the week but they now have decided to run a creche for the mindees but we need to have the parents permission to use it (I haven't bothered to go).

Shoshable Fri 21-Sep-07 07:57:03

oh katy i hate weekend courses feels like you dont get a day off

Katymac Fri 21-Sep-07 08:09:08

Network won't let us go on courses with creches for mindees......so unfair

I do get down about the W/E ones

MaureenMLove Fri 21-Sep-07 08:23:38

Morning. 8.20 and already mindee has wet herself! I only took her to the toilet 3/4mins ago. She has a real problem telling me she needs a wet for some reason and at this time of day, with mindees arriving and dd getting off to school, I'm not always as on the ball when she's jiggling about! Hey ho, all sorted now.

Oh lordy, Its blinkin HSM2 day, isn't it? DD has decorated her first cake in the shape of a microphone (pic on profile) I think she may be a chip off the old block as they say! Not bad for first time.

I'm off to docs this morning about my eye. I've had, what feels like, an eyelash in it for 2 weeks and it gets sore every now and then.

Catcha later

Earthymama Fri 21-Sep-07 08:32:07

I've got a prospective mindee and mum coming so am making an effort!!
I bought a eco-friendly, natural wax furniture polish and used it yesterday. They were a bit handy with the essential oil; it'll seem as though I'm using the old trick of polishing the front door so visitors think you are the epitome of housewifeliness!

No mindees today, but all change from Mon as new baby starts. On initial visits has been outraged and screamed so life is going to be fun for a while.

That's the thing about this careeer, working life changes so rapidly as they grow and go to pre-school, then school. the daily routine constantly changes. I'm sad because one of my lovely boys started school and the other is leaving in Oct as his mum starts maternity leave.

saltire Fri 21-Sep-07 08:34:23

Mo - I get what I call a gritty eye, every now and then it feels like it has a piece of grit or an eyelash in it, andeven when it's closed at bedtime it really hurts. then it goes away. I never know if it is something in it or not

MaureenMLove Fri 21-Sep-07 09:01:00

Thats exactly what it feels like, only this is constant. Its really sore sometimes and its running like mad.

dmo Fri 21-Sep-07 09:06:58

i'm on a course tomorrow too Katy
both my boys on camp this weekend so could have had a restful weekend but the course was bad timing angry
never mind its pouring down here i am soaked and i have to nip to town today to do my banking
might grab a brew before i go smile

PinkChick Fri 21-Sep-07 09:31:06

might be some kind of conjunctivitus(sp) mosad..oh and your cakes are fabuloso, thankyou sooo mcuh for reminding me about HSM", we've sky +'d it to r ecord, but now ill go buy pop corn and treats for dd tonightgrin
well one mindee had her mum take her to school today as is off, so just collecting later then two after schooly's(dd being one of them) and little 19 month old with me all day...

anybody give me a solution to this prob, dd is really good at sharing and is very kind although this last week or two(tarting school may be factor too?), she has been very snappy, grumpy and unsharing with one or both the other mindees, one not so much as shes at school with her, but old(as in ben with us longer, whom TBH i think she feels she HAS to play with ) has ben getting the rough end of the bargain..DGMW shes not that kind either but dd has started being very...well teenager ish?..any advice?
i think it may be that although our newby is her friend the fact i have 3 plus children after school when she may just want quiet time with me, may be a factor but i cant do thatsad, so what CAN i do?

S88AHG Fri 21-Sep-07 09:35:43

Hi PC I have same prob with my son, started school this term, moody whiney and annoying other mindees, think its just tiredness and the fact he doesnt have me to himself for the afternoon anymnore!!!! I keep telling myself he will get better!!!

Hi to everyone I dont come in here often, if at all, but read every day as its sometimes only you lot that get me through some days!!!!!

PinkChick Fri 21-Sep-07 10:03:46

thanks chick, i know its prob a phasewink..this morning she was quite sad/tired and seems quite run down..think its a lot for her to take in..will try and ease up on her, its not her fault, she must be confused withh all new things going on.

S88AHG Fri 21-Sep-07 10:51:38

Its hard being 4 I guess and school for 6 hours is alot after 6 weeks holiday!!! Lets hope it gets better, and its the weekend tomorrow Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

MaureenMLove Fri 21-Sep-07 12:28:57

Anyone for a cup a rosy lee? <flicks the switch on the kettle>

I've got an infection under my eyelid. I thought that was better than a foreign body, but now I'm thinking a foreign body can just be removed, whereas an infection comes from within and could get worse and turn into all sorts of nasty things! Ignore me, I know thats not gonna happen, I just keep thinking everything is going to fall apart once I'm 40! I asked the doctor to book me in for a Full body MOT too! grin I am truely mental!

Right, lunchtime for me, 2 mindees and Eeyore! I think I might get the mindees to make the sarnies today. I'll cut all the bits up and they can fill them with whatever they like!

Shoshable Fri 21-Sep-07 12:35:29

Mo once you get to 40, you need to have a MOT once a year just like any old banger grin

My Screaming baby is back being a Angel today, Mum is back and hee is lovely, he was just missing her.

mogs0 Fri 21-Sep-07 13:35:37

PinkChick - My ds is exactly the same. He's just started year 1 (though only turned 5 in August). He's knackered and takes it out on mindees which is so sad coz they miss him madly when he's at school. Have been preparing tea while mindees sleeping so that when we come home from school we can all play together so that ds doesn't get the opportunity to be horrid to them!! Also, have been putting ds to bed by 6.30 so he's getting at least 12 hours sleep.

Supposed to be my day off today but mindee1 needed 3 hours this morning then mindee2 needed 3 hours this afternoon. Mindee1 left when I picked up mindee2 from nursery and he'll be gone before I go to get ds from school so a pretty easy day!!

I have a question - I had arranged to meet a friend this morning and have a wander around the shops as it was supposed to be my day off. Mindee1's mum asked me to have mindee so I said I'd planned to go shopping and that mindee could come but that's what we'd be doing for the morning. She was absolutely fine about it. Anyway, on the way home I was thinking about it and thought maybe I should have stayed at home and followed my usual cm-ing routine. What does everyone think? And, do any of you do this sometimes? I'm not too worried about it because mum was perfectly happy with our morning's activities!

Also, has anyone looked at my "babysitter" thread? Would love some feedback as has been on my mind all day.

ju Fri 21-Sep-07 15:03:58

Hi all ! No mindees today so I've been at my friend's house supervising her making sloe gin, then out to lunch, now waiting for DP to arrive home from work then I can send him to school to do pickup (raining today) <evil cackle>

Mogs, yes I would have carried on with planned day as you have done. As you were expecting to be closed today there would be no 'minding planning' for today IYSWIM; ad hoc care can be fun smile

<ju sits back in chair, swigs tea and swipes croissant>

madge7 Fri 21-Sep-07 15:43:42

Hi Ladies!
How have you all been?
Just popped in to say hi!!
Is anyone on FACEBOOK?

Madge XXXXXX

looneytune Fri 21-Sep-07 16:07:48

Hi everyone

Mogs - would have done the same, they're lucky you could help and town is fine!!

Madge - yes, a few of us are on facebook. Have you been to the Mumsnet group on there?

madge7 Fri 21-Sep-07 16:24:35

no?
where do i go?
Just got myself sorted on there, but no not alot! wink

madge7 Fri 21-Sep-07 16:28:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: