Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Pick up rush and form filling - doing my head in, what can i do?????

(6 Posts)
looneytune Wed 19-Sep-07 18:53:06

Parents always in a rush and I find it so hard to pin anyone down to sign forms and then I end up with loads of sigs needed on register etc, it's doing my head in.

How do you get round this? I'm sure it can't just be my parents who are like this!!!

Katymac Wed 19-Sep-07 19:25:25

Newsletter stating the obvious "OFSTED says..... therefore you can't leave your child unless you......."

BIG visible note 'have you signed in/out today'

NAG NAG NAG

nannynick Wed 19-Sep-07 20:17:21

Daily register pinned to back of front door perhaps?
I know it's an issue, as I go to a Family Group twice a week where we have to sign in and out, and often parents/carers forget to do it - even with the register by the door.

looneytune Thu 20-Sep-07 10:09:57

Thanks, think I will add it to my newsletter and make VERY clear. I did think about putting it on the front door but it's pvc so don't think I can plus my porch is TINY in this house and they tend to come in the loung to put shoes on etc. and then leave. Will try the newsletter thing and see if it improves but in the meantime also think of a better place to keep the register!

Thanks

AskABusyPerson Thu 20-Sep-07 10:29:32

I find the Monday morning drop off is not so much of a rush, children tend to run into my louncge to see my own dd and what toys are on offer, leaving me to confirm any arrangements with parent, so I get them to sign for the previous week then. I use NCMA book, only needs sigs once a week!

looneytune Thu 20-Sep-07 10:39:14

Unfortunately mornings are not a good time as they arrive as I'm about to go on the school run. Also, the parents are usually always rushing and one set of parents I don't see til pickup as I collect from pre-school.

You have made me think though....I think I'll ask each family to let me know when they would like to do the weekly sign off and then we've agreed together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now