Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Eleusis, FoxinSocks, other kind and interested people....PPH has found a new nanny! Hoorah!

(46 Posts)
MintyDixCharrington Tue 18-Sep-07 12:53:58

Sigh, such a weight off my mind. I really think this is going to work out. She is a lovely woman, around 30, has been working for the same family for 11 years (!), for the last few years has also been working in a montessori nursery during the day, and is moving down near here to be with her fiance. She met all the children on the weekend, they all took to her really well, she was great with them all - AND she's agreed to work with us!
I'm so relieved.
She starts in a fortnight.
I love her already grin grin

MintyDixCharrington Tue 18-Sep-07 13:32:20

yoo hoo
someone please congratulate me!
please grin

Piggy Tue 18-Sep-07 13:34:25

Great news Minty. Very pleased for you.

CountessDracula Tue 18-Sep-07 13:36:00

hurrah hurrah

so pleased for you!

orangina Tue 18-Sep-07 13:45:29

hurrah! so glad to hear it, have been meaning to call for ages, but you know how it is (sorry!). xx

Tutter Tue 18-Sep-07 13:47:42

oh that's good pph - what a relief

you know it's too good to be true, right?

(hehe only joking)
(or am i?)

MintyDixCharrington Tue 18-Sep-07 14:09:33

thank you thank you everyone
sorry I haven't spoken to you fora ges orangina, I've basically been on the school run or asleep for the last fortnight (in bed by 8.30 every night for the last 5 - aurgh)

xxx all (except Tutter who is Being Horrid To Me grin)

jura Tue 18-Sep-07 14:44:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NadineBaggott Tue 18-Sep-07 14:46:09

ah, wasn't sure if you actually let the other one go! Good luck with this one.

What's happening on your cuntry blog Mints old gal?

eleusis Tue 18-Sep-07 14:51:59

Oh fantastic! I was just going to start a thread asking how it was going... and the news is already here.

Now, onto other pressing matters. How is your (pea) head? And neck? Are you going to be fit for the Christmas booze-up?

eleusis Tue 18-Sep-07 14:54:24

Oh but you know what... 30 and fiance could very soon lead to maternity leave...

Shall I go sit in the corner with Tutter?

orangina Tue 18-Sep-07 15:44:19

Will call tonight (am home alone, except for the dc)... xx

NappiesGalore Tue 18-Sep-07 15:48:12

she sounds fab, well done finding her.

so. are you coming to the xmas do? and how is your neck etc?

Tutter Tue 18-Sep-07 16:43:48

well good lord you haven't replied to my email

you don't expect me to be nice to you do you?!

eleusis Tue 18-Sep-07 16:48:02

The Lord hasn't replied to your e-mail? The nerve!

Anchovy Tue 18-Sep-07 16:59:53

Yes, she'll be pregnant by the end of the week...

MintyDixCharrington Tue 18-Sep-07 18:45:25

neck pretty bad actually
getting depressed about it
has been going on for a month now
if I still keep having to collapse in bed at 8pm every night at the beginning of dec, don't expect me at the meetup either grin

Oh PLEASE don't let her get pregnant for at least a year! please! please!

tutt when did you email me? and don't say a month ago when I was bedbound - it would have been completely buried in my hideously large inbox by now.....

Tutter Tue 18-Sep-07 19:38:43

er, about a month ago grin

ne fret pas, twas nothing earth-shatteringly important, just me chuntering on about commutes and wondering whether mr pph commutes or has a pied a terre...

MintyDixCharrington Tue 18-Sep-07 19:47:51

have emailed you a long and considered response

am I forgiven smile

NappiesGalore Tue 18-Sep-07 20:47:06

tutter you little blue meany, picking on a woman in pain <stern>
wink

Issy Tue 18-Sep-07 20:56:30

Good news PPH!

I went to see my GP on Monday and she was asking about stress. "Oh nothing serious" I replied airily, "although we've just changed nannies." She looked at me intently and said "Losing your nanny is the worst thing. Take two weeks off work."

Our au pair couple are still a little high maintenance but giving every indication of being absolutely lovely.

What happened to your neck by the way? I lost the narrative at the migraine?

eleusis Tue 18-Sep-07 22:11:09

Oh no, Minty. This is terrible. Is anyone doing anything? More tests? Anything? They can't just leave you to suffer. Tell them I said this is not on.

CountessDracula Tue 18-Sep-07 23:20:18

fuck me mints, the neck still giving you jip?

Could it be trapped nervey type thing?

jura Wed 19-Sep-07 08:46:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Issy Wed 19-Sep-07 12:00:35

It is indeed Jura! In fact I am taking the two weeks off, but that's because I contracted a viral infection, acute sinusitis and Bell's Palsy on my way to India and ended up being shoved through an MRI scanner in Hyderabad and put on a cocktail of ten different drugs. I still haven't progressed beyond taking calls and answering emails from the sofa, but I'm hopeful that I'll wind down to some day-time TV this afternoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now