Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I need help! please read this post v inexperienced mn needs your help!

(6 Posts)
PSCMUM Tue 18-Sep-07 09:43:10

Hi, fomr next monday both me and dh will be working full time. I thought I had the childcare sorted, but it has fallen thru. Youbgest is fine - private nursery. 2 school agers need collecting from school and bringing back home til we get home from work around 6. And on some days, we need someone to take them to school also. Iwill pay whatever is the going rate. I just want someone who is nice, lovely, and reliable, and who they will have fun with.

How do I find this person? And how do I find them by Monday???! ANd how much will they cost?!

Please answer,. I am declaring a childcare state of emergency.

PinkChick Tue 18-Sep-07 09:45:27

firstly were are you, someone on here could be local?

secondly, ring your local childcare plus/surestart, they will give you list of childminders in area(alternativly go onto childcare plus website and see listings).

then you'll need to visit the ones you like sound off and see if they a-can help and b-youre happy with them..good lucksmile

PSCMUM Tue 18-Sep-07 09:53:39

I'm in hackney.
ok will ring those places now.
thanks

MrsPuddleduck Tue 18-Sep-07 09:53:40

I had a similar crisis last Wednesday and I have happily left DS2 (18months) with new childminder today.

I phoned for the council list on Tuesday, received it Wednesday, visited a couple of childminders on Thursday and Friday and found someone I really liked.

First phone the council as they have the best list - the internet one is rubbish (at least for Staffordshire). The list will show which schools they collect from.

Second, I would ask at the school if they have any cm's who advertise with them.

You need to move quickly, but you will find someone.

Good luck.

MrsPuddleduck Tue 18-Sep-07 09:55:03

Forgot to mention, think of questions to ask on the phone as some may not be suitable and it will save time visiting childminders who wont suit you anyway.

ayla99 Tue 18-Sep-07 09:58:22

Emergency Childcare

Hackney CIS (Children's Information SErvice) Tel: 0208 820 7590
You can look at the website www.childcarelink.gov.uk but its not complete because some childcarers opt out of the website listing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now