Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Staff Room...............Tuesday

(23 Posts)
Shoshable Tue 18-Sep-07 06:47:57

I was up early a ll all ready today.........
think it might be cos new parents are coming to see me today, even after all these years still get nervous, but handbook ready, Registration papers ready, contracts ready.

So all done, (and they are not coming till 1 o'clock) grin

Shoshable Tue 18-Sep-07 07:16:53

Ive but the urn on, and gone out and got some English muffins and homemade Marmalade, if any one wants some?

Katymac Tue 18-Sep-07 07:36:21

Morning - are you feeling a bit better today?....Less picked on?

Shoshable Tue 18-Sep-07 07:51:37

Yes I will just ignore London and Tori at soft play today, and sit on the higher ground, and watch them eat cake, while I eat my healthy snack. grin

looneytune Tue 18-Sep-07 08:39:10

Morning

Have I missed something???

Anyway, just popped in to say hello as should be on the nursery run now (just waiting for ds to get shoes on), no time for breakfast but if there are some muffins left when I get back then I may have one wink

Just me and ds for the run then when I get back, the sisters are being dropped off and then I'm taking them to the chemist on the way to childminder drop in. I'll tell you what they say later, I may even ring back social services if all innocent and make sure they don't contact the parents. I must say I think their system sucks!!!

Catchya later!

MamaG Tue 18-Sep-07 08:42:09

Shoshable is somebody being mean to you? shock

let me at 'em!

looneytune Tue 18-Sep-07 09:20:58

WTF....just got some post and Ofsted have sent a new certificate, dated September, by recorded delivery and have said I need to destroy my old one. Well, the certificates are the same, just the other one is dated June when the variations were granted. IDIOTS!!!!

ju Tue 18-Sep-07 10:11:06

Morning all ! Hope we have a better day.

Mindee 1 returned today after birth of his sister (yay I get a girl at last - but not til next year boo) mindees 2 and 3 still on hols.

He is pottering about re-familiarising himself with the toy cupboard - 'Ooh look Ju, LOOK !' Aw.

StrawberryMartini Tue 18-Sep-07 10:40:13

Ooh just did my first school run.. very exciting! I'm sure the novelty will wear off!

MaureenMLove Tue 18-Sep-07 11:35:09

Morning all!

Any news from the chemist yet LT?

Yes, SM, you will get fed up with the school run, especially when its December and its freezing cold and lashing with rain! Enjoy!

looneytune Tue 18-Sep-07 11:57:14

Just quick update - chemist said it's 'too angry looking to be ringworm etc' but she couldn't comment and said it's best the Dr looked at it. Phoned mum who said it's not bothering mindee so won't go to the Dr but will by some cream for burns in case that's what it is, childminders at childminder drop in thought it could be grazed from soft play or something like that when going down the slide. Although it's perfect round marks, they said they've had that before with their mindees so could be that.

StrawberryM - novelty will defo wear off when you're doing several runs a day and it's cold etc! wink How did your first day go?

Must dash and make lunch, catch up later

looneytune Tue 18-Sep-07 12:21:44

HELP......toddler mindee who's been going through a phase will all the changes recently now refusing to sit at the table to eat. Shall I just ignore and feed her sister etc and leave my ds sat at table and praise him? Or should I be making sure she eats? I think I should ignore but could do with some advice PLEASE

looneytune Tue 18-Sep-07 12:31:43

don't worry, sorted

Shoshable Tue 18-Sep-07 14:04:21

MamaG dont worry, its only 'my girls' that are in our childminding group, and Iwill get them back grin

Yippeee, new parents have just comee, and will be starting on Monday.

Glad you sorted it LT, How?

looneytune Tue 18-Sep-07 15:57:12

All I did was totally ignore her but told her to play in the playroom as not fair to play in front of the others. When ds had left the table I just walked in with the plate and said "Looney put in the bin then" and she burst into tears, I gently encouraged her to come to the table and she held my hand but then cried at the table and I suddenly realised her back must be hurting now (not surprised) and I just put the plate on the floor and told her she could eat down there. She ate a bit but didn't want much. She ended up with a temp of 101F so think part of the tantrum was her not being well. but how cute it is to have her all snuggled up like that. I just find it odd that her mum says she's not affectionate like that coz she sooooo is. Anyway, gave her medised and she's sleeping so hopefully will feel better later, definitely seems to be something going round!

Oh bless....ds (4) just been giving 3 yr old mindee a lesson in eating with mouth shut - he said it's not nice to see food as you chew and this is what you should do!! grin (learnt that from the master! wink)

Shoshable Tue 18-Sep-07 15:59:44

Ahhh, poor litle thing really in the wars.

looneytune Tue 18-Sep-07 17:19:37

right, toddler up, still burning, parents WILL drop off tomorrow - do I let them or do I tell them tonight that I can't have her if got temp? It's nightmare having 4 under 5's with 2 nagging, baby screaming with teething (and poss not well but no signs yet) and toddler burning up and crying coz can't be cuddled as i'm serving dinner

ARRRGGHHHHH - what do I do about tomorrow?

ju Tue 18-Sep-07 17:46:54

hiya Looney, now about the child with the temp......

Do you have a policy re sick children that you can brandish at the parents ? If asking them nicely to keep child at home doesn't work, obviously.

You cannot fairly look after other mindees if the poorly one needs a lot of attention. And when they are poorly they need the comforts of home, bless them.

HTH

MaureenMLove Tue 18-Sep-07 17:55:23

Agree with Ju, you need to think of the welfare of the others, not just tending to them but also keeping them away from a sick child. I'd tell them tonight, that if shes still not well in the morning, you can't have her.

MaureenMLove Tue 18-Sep-07 17:58:13

Oh and just because it made you laugh yesterday, I've finished minding today just got a little matter of 30 GUIDES to deal with tonight! grin

Shoshable Tue 18-Sep-07 18:24:21

Mo your mad!!

LY tell them tonight that any temp and child cannnot come in, it is not fair on the child others or you!

I tell parents that if a child is not well enough to go to a activity, which it sounds as if yours isn't then it is not well enough to be in childcare.

looneytune Tue 18-Sep-07 18:44:31

Picked up late, told them what a nightmare it's been, she's burning etc, said can't take tomorrow if like that as I now have other mindee to consider, mum said 'oh yeah, she didn't like sleeping in the study last night, didn't sleep well etc' and I'm just like ARRRGGGGHHHH, why didn't you tell me at drop off!!! Anyway, if she arrives tomorrow (which she will) and she's poorly - I'm sending home!!!

Shoshable Tue 18-Sep-07 18:45:48

I rushed around after new mum left changed bums got the kids in the car, rushed out to school, got the kids out, got to the class door,

mondees Gran was there.............forget she was picking mindee up today Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now