Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - People Carrier with lapbelt in the middle - options????

(9 Posts)
looneytune Mon 17-Sep-07 19:27:05

Hi again

I've got a VW Sharon and I love it BUT it has a lap belt in the middle seat in the middle row, instead of a proper belt that goes across.

In January I will have 5 under 5's (all within numbers, don't panic! wink)
and ideally I wanted one more school run (which I may have lined up). Problem is this middle belt. Does anyone know if you can get something that converts into a proper belt? What do you who have 7 seaters with a lapbelt do?

TIA

mumlove Mon 17-Sep-07 19:35:46

My old zafira had just the lap belt in the middle and I always put the 5 point harness car seat there.

NannyL Mon 17-Sep-07 19:43:59

a britax renaissance car seat can be used with just a lap belt and as it has a built in tightner thing you can actually get the seat strapped in quite tightly (more tightly than most other group 1 seats with a lap belt)

that would be worth considering

Shoshable Mon 17-Sep-07 19:44:37

Snap ML, I do the same my little 5 year old still fits in a 5 point harness (the 2nd stage one ) and I put that in the middle so that they are strapped in 5 point.

OFSTEDoutstanding Mon 17-Sep-07 20:12:40

Agree with nannyL I have a renaissance and they work great in the middle seat on a lap belt

london11 Mon 17-Sep-07 20:23:50

I have a britax eclispe that fits on the lap belt which is what I use.

Mum2Luke Mon 17-Sep-07 22:26:01

I also have the same car (VW Sharan), would love a newer one with 7 3point belts but cannot afford one.

I've not had that problem yet, I'd probably put an older child (8yrs +) or just keep it as a seat for one of my teens. I have thought of asking if it could be put in but it may cost a bit and may not be possible. A friend has just bought a Sharan which has all seats with belts - I may ask to exchange!!!!

I'd like one of those seats with the integral booster and 5point harness, alot easier than keep having to put seats in.

looneytune Tue 18-Sep-07 08:41:10

Great stuff!!! grin Will have a little play with car seats over the weekend!

Thanks

Mum2Luke Thu 20-Sep-07 22:01:14

I don't have to buy the seat now, I'll be losing the 18 month old when his Mum has the babe in January . The Britax one was £89.00 in Mothercare.

Oh well at this rate I'll be looking for work outside the home, I can't do childminding with one child paying ( the other one is my own) and I've not had a phone call for months.

If anyone lives in the Tameside area of Manchester, I have vacancies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now