Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Temporary Contract qu.

(5 Posts)
StrawberryMartini Fri 14-Sep-07 16:39:17

Hi all, met some parents today who want week by week minding as they want to find a CM who can pick up their ds from his nursery (which I can't do). How does that work out in terms of contracts? Would there still be an agreed notice period of say, a week? How would that be written into the NCMA contract?

Ta!

Shoshable Fri 14-Sep-07 18:03:33

Dont know but Strawberry are you Pink chick, ?

StrawberryMartini Fri 14-Sep-07 18:50:10

LOL no I was mummykench then neighboursfan. Finally settled on this name hopefully!

Shoshable Fri 14-Sep-07 19:19:10

Hi MK wondered where you had disappeared to, PinkChick usede to be Sreawberry something, it slips my mind (most things usually do) grin

ayla99 Mon 17-Sep-07 13:33:18

I don't use NCMA contracts - isn't there a space to add extra info?

I would offer a choice
a) adhoc care where they sign a contract which says hours/days as mutually agreed and confirmed in writing. They would fill a booking form each week to tell me what hours they wanted (payment with booking form). No minimum fee and no guarantee of availability, payment returned if not available. No refund if booked place not used or they arrive late/collect early.
b) contract states basic core hours/reserved time - their place is reserved for the sole use of their child during this time. Again, they give written notice of which days required paying full fees for booked time & retainer for remaining unused part of reserved time period. Notice period usual 4 weeks and there is a minimum payment fee specified in the contract. usually between 1/2 - 2/3 of reserved time period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now