Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

do you do a reduction for 2nd child

(9 Posts)
40nanny Thu 13-Sep-07 10:02:46

hi there, just starting out as cm, do you always do a reduction for 2nd child,school aged for just after school, and holidays thanks, any other info appreciated

looneytune Thu 13-Sep-07 10:04:53

I give a 10% discount for siblings that are with me full time. Don't have school aged children with siblings so not sure about that

Katymac Thu 13-Sep-07 11:41:45

I don't

The second child takes as much space as the first (eg in your ratio)- they eat the same food and need the same level of concern

hana Thu 13-Sep-07 11:42:39

I've had 3 childminders and one did - 50p cheaper an hour

I can see why cm wouldn't though - as a parent I don't have a problem with this

Rubybees Thu 13-Sep-07 13:41:10

I used to but in line with everyone in my area area stopped. I had one family who wanted me to have 2 children 7,8 after school for a reduced rate as they weren't with me all day, I've now stopped the school runs as for £3.50 per hours they were eating more than I got paid some days, I love the school runs but for me it really wasn't worth the hassle!!

KaySamuels Thu 13-Sep-07 13:45:00

No I don't for the same reason katymac states, plus the rate in my area is ridiculously low anyway IMO.

motherinferior Thu 13-Sep-07 13:48:23

My childminder doesn't. I wouldn't expect her to, either.

feelingfedup Thu 13-Sep-07 18:39:11

don't know about childminders but all the local nurseries do. I get 20 per cent off fees for number 2 and he is only there 1 day a week (London).

maximummummy Thu 13-Sep-07 20:38:48

no i don't offer reducsd sibling rates and i have 2 sets no one has been put off by this but i guess it depends what is normal in your area

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now