Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What is ICP, DCP, ECP = CCP?

(5 Posts)
MrsPuddleduck Wed 12-Sep-07 15:10:13

I am tyring to find a new childminder (who I need to start on Monday!).

I have been sent a list of 44 from the local council.

Does anyone know what the above qualifiactions are? They mean nothing to me.


MrsPuddleduck Wed 12-Sep-07 16:15:14


looneytune Wed 12-Sep-07 16:41:35

ICP = Introduction to Childminding Practice (we all HAVE to do this)

I'll think about the rest as can't think at mo (in middle of spoonfeeding baby)

MrsPuddleduck Wed 12-Sep-07 16:53:37

Thanks looneytune. I think I asked the question in the middle of school pick up time which was a bit daft!

dylansaunty Wed 12-Sep-07 18:01:33

DCP is Developing Childminding Practice
ECP is Extending ( i think) childminding practice. All 3 are know together as Certificate in Childminding practice.
As Looneytune says, have to have ICP to be a registered childminder, but the rest are optional.
All this has recently been replaced by the DHC, Diploma in Homebased Childcare.
hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: