Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Keeping Parents Happy

(5 Posts)
nannynick Tue 11-Sep-07 19:02:43

Oh the joys of trying to keep parents happy. I usually manage pretty well, but sometimes while I may keep one family happy, another family gets upset.

Do you find keeping parents happy tricky at times?
Do you find that sometimes you just can't win - whatever you do or say, just won't satisfy them.

If a family asks you to do some extra days and you can't... do you find it causes conflict?

KaySamuels Tue 11-Sep-07 19:18:16

Hmm... typed a very long dark tongue ion cheek reply to you that the prisoner would have been proud of but didn't want to feel the evil glare of mumsnet. {wimp emotion}

Seriously nick if you find out the answer to this please let the rest of us in on the secret. grin

Rubybees Tue 11-Sep-07 21:42:44

How dare you plan anything on your day off just incase they need you!! I'm too soft yet again this week I've said yes blush but then I did say no last week grin

eleusis Wed 12-Sep-07 09:42:51

As a parent, I think it depends what kind of carer you are (i.e. nanny or childminder), why I needed you, and what kind of notice I was providing.

For example, I have a live-in nanny and sometimes need her to do overnights when DH and I are both away on business. I NEED her to be available at these times. But, if I say on Friday "Hey can you bsit tomorrow night so DH and I can go out to dinner" and she say "nope, I'm going out myself" than that's fine.

And, if we are talking about a childminder, then I would never expect them to be available outside of contracted hours. Great if they are, but I would think them obligated.

eleusis Wed 12-Sep-07 09:43:45

oops...

Great if they are, but I would not think them obligated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now