Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB:2 questions about P.L insurance and Ofsted registration.

(4 Posts)
PinkChick Tue 11-Sep-07 10:25:22

Hismile, my public liabilty insurance date ends in about a week, who do you have yours with and how much does it cost, i think surestart must ahve paid mine when i set up as have no info other than certificate?

also , as i will have been registered a year in november, do i have to pay to re-register with ofsted each year?

im sure i was told all this when training but have slept since thensmile

ayla99 Tue 11-Sep-07 11:25:32

Ofsted should send you a bill every year,you just pay when you get the bill, you don't have to re-apply each year.

Public liability - look at NCMA (look for insurance in the menu on left) and Morten Michel. I've always stuck with NCMA, I know they have their faults but their whole existence revolves around childminding.

blessingchild Tue 11-Sep-07 12:04:37

I have mine with Morton Michel and it costs £35. I am new to childminding so I just went for Morton Michel because overall it is cheaper compared to NCMA and you don't have to use their paperwork(contract) to make a claim.

PinkChick Tue 11-Sep-07 13:24:56

thanks you two..what 'faults' have ncma?? are they problematic with claims or something?

i will research it tonight when finished, but thanks for the help, so i should hear from ofsted before my year is up? and how much is it to renew with them?..was it £10?IIRC?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: