Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - How many of you tell parents at start of the year, what days you are having off???

(4 Posts)
looneytune Sun 09-Sep-07 15:08:39

And how do you decide?

I like the idea of doing this but I'm just not sure when to have off hmm. Just curious how you all decide?

TIA

Katymac Sun 09-Sep-07 15:45:53

I have 2 weeks 1 at Christmas & 1 in the summer - any other days would be ad-hoc

FeelingOld Sun 09-Sep-07 15:50:31

I looney

I tell my parents first week in Jan usually when I will be off. As my own children are at school I obviously want time off with them so that narrows it down.

I usually have 2 weeks in Aug, 1 week at Oct half term and I state that I am entitled to take up to another 5 days (taken in odd days) but parents would be given at least 28 days notice unless for a family emergency (eg funeral), but I have never taken any of these days.

If I didn't do this lots of my parents (and I have 13 mindees) would not be able to get the time off at the same time so I just pick my 2 weeks off and hope it will be good weather.

looneytune Sun 09-Sep-07 17:28:45

Thanks for sharing that. I had the added little problem that we are ttc atm so IF we're successful, I'll probably be having a little extra time off. In this situation do you think that I should not commit so far in advance this year or go for it but maybe adjust as and when things change? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now