Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I need help with my childcare - Pyrford area.

(6 Posts)
lewy Fri 07-Sep-07 22:50:03

I have a 3 year old and an 8 week old and I will be returning back to work early next year and I need a childcare solution!!.. let me explain...... A member of our family will continue to look after my 3 year old so it will be just my youngest I need care for ideally around the pyrford area so that I can pick up and drop off in the same area. It would be 4 days a week, preferably Monday - Thursday.

nannynick Sat 08-Sep-07 16:11:22

I would expect a childminder may be your best bet. However, not all will consider a baby that young and not all will have a vacancy for an under 1 year old.
Just checked Ofsted's database and based on GU22 8T area, there are 116 registered minders within 3 miles, of which 52 are within 2 miles, of which 4 are within a mile. So as long as you are prepared to travel outside of the village, you are increasing your chances of finding someone with a vacancy for a child under age 1.
Contact Surrey CIS for the latest vacancies list, best to call them or e-mail. Contact details:
Telephone: 08456 011777 (Mon - Fri 8am-6pm, 24 hour answerphone)
Textphone: 020 8541 8914
Email: surrey.cis@surreycc.gov.uk

cece Sat 08-Sep-07 16:18:16

Hi there,
My childminder is in Old Woking (Pyrford side of it) so near to you. Depends which way you have to travel for work. You can CAT me if you want for her details.

lewy Sat 08-Sep-07 22:40:12

Thanks Nannynick for all the info, I'll certainly contact CIS.
CECE - very interested, how long have you used your childminder and how many children/ages does she currently look after?

cece Sun 09-Sep-07 09:40:12

A year, not sure how many she has got at mo as she has just had a bit of a change around.

lewy Tue 18-Sep-07 18:01:05

Thanks Cece. Im still trying to see what will work best for us but good to know there maybe an option in Pyrford. I want to get this all sorted within the next month so if I need her details I will give you a shout. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Lewy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: