Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - i have messed up please come and help me sort it out!

(9 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Wed 05-Sep-07 13:44:26

At the start of Aug a lady rang wanting a space for sept from 3 til 6pm I said ok but I will need a retainer fee for £25 per week over the holidays.

So new mindee came yesterday for a couple of hours it was only whilst talking to mum it dawned on me her dd has now left nursery and is now attending a private pre-school from 9am til 3pm then i pick up til 6pm BUT I am only charging her from 3pm til 6pm because I thought I could fill the rest of the space at some point now it turns out that she is in pre-school so if mum needs me to have mindee in holidays/ inset days etc I won't be able to fill the space the rest of the time. I know it is my fault for not asking more questions and having things made clearer, she hasn't mentioned holidays perhaps she is assuming i will be able to have mindee, i don't know I need to speak to her when she comes tonight but how can i word this if she is expecting me to have her dd in the holidays? And if she is what is it fair to charge. the space if used by a ft child is worth £130 a week she is currently paying £51.

bonkerz Wed 05-Sep-07 13:49:31

hi,

i would just say you wanted to clarify a few points. Mention that you think your wires have been croseed and check if she will only want 3-6 or if she will require you other times. Point out that if she requires cover when mindee NOT at pre school she will be expected to pay some sort of retainer. Maybe half fees??? If this sint financially viable for you just say you have had an enuiry and want to fill that 9-3 space but cant if she will need it IYSWIM.

KaySamuels Wed 05-Sep-07 14:31:01

I'd go with bonkerz suggestion, say as holidays weren't mentioned you assumed it was term time only, and that it's possible for you to get inquiries for 9-3 times so need to know if she needs this slot (at a retainer fee similar to what she has been paying). Is she paying for preschool? I find it odd she didn't mention school holidays to you but if she hasn't used childcare before maybe it didn't occur to her.

Hope you get it sorted!

LoveMyGirls Wed 05-Sep-07 18:25:57

Its all sorted smile She wants 3 til 6 all year round, which is good because i dont have to feel guilty about taking money when mindee is at school. It also means I can give the other bit of the space away - unfortunately no-one is asking for that bit of space sad Oh well in 6mths she will be able to be classed as a rising 5 and then i can have her as after schooler and fill my ft vacancy then hmm.

bonkerz Wed 05-Sep-07 21:45:44

dont forget though that you may get a variation if approached to take on a fulltimer seeing as its only for a few months!

dmo Thu 06-Sep-07 09:38:57

raising 5 is only classed once child is attending 10 seccions of school (dont think pre-school counts)
better check dont want u to b over your numbers

looneytune Thu 06-Sep-07 10:32:08

I was told that it's 10 sessions and they have to be aged 4 - doesn't matter if pre-school or school from what I was told??

dmo Fri 07-Sep-07 16:10:43

sorry!!!

looneytune Fri 07-Sep-07 16:53:32

don't be, i may have been given wrong info - we know what ofsted r like! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now