Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: 2 kids same age good thing?

(7 Posts)
mummykench Tue 04-Sep-07 19:17:21

Hi I had a lady come round today with a boy less than a month younger than DS (16 months). I've always said I wouldn't have one the same age because of competition etc, but I'm now thinking it could be a good thing. What are your experiences? They are both walking and would sleep at the same time.

J

MaureenMLove Tue 04-Sep-07 19:20:13

Last term I had 2 in yr 2, 2 in yr 4 and 2 in yr 6! The only ones I had trouble with were the yr 6's and that wasn't a competition thing, it was more a getting too big for their boots thing! I've had two 2 year olds before too and its been fine tbh.

kkey21 Tue 04-Sep-07 19:45:06

I have my own son who has just turned 2yrs, a 16mth old girl and boy who's 1 this month and so far so good! Very busy all but they all enjoy the same activities to a certain extent!

Shoshable Tue 04-Sep-07 19:52:14

much much prefer them within 6 months of each other, girls that have just started school came to me when 2 were two and one was 14 months.
1 of the elder girls left last year, by which they were 4,4 and 3 a 14 month old came into replace, and then the elsest went to school (are you still following me) the middle child was by then 4 and was lost without a playmate of her own age, as she had always had that.

Now I have a 18 month, 8 month and after christmas will be joined by a 9 month, so again will be all around the same age.

OFSTEDoutstanding Tue 04-Sep-07 20:14:58

I have ds (23months) mindee1 (12months) and mindee 2(16months). It is ok hard work but they get on ok, mind you I am exhausted by the weekend grin

ThePrisoner Tue 04-Sep-07 20:50:54

I nearly always seem to have mindees who are the same age, and I think that although there can be some competition, it's more of a benefit than anything else.

thebumcleaner Tue 04-Sep-07 21:49:03

I have ds of 3, a mindee of 3 and one of nearly 3. Have had them now a year and a half, and it works great. Now have ds of 5 months and still everything fine, only have trouble when the bigger ones are here (especially my ds of 5 for some reason). I find that they are all at the same sort of stage, and they play really well together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now