Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Has anyone ever used a professional babysitting service?

(8 Posts)
Lawrene8 Mon 03-Sep-07 15:54:11

We've been invited to a few nights out in the same week. We only have my mum availabale and can't ask her to give up 3 evenings! DS goes to bed at 6pm and sleeps through so babysitter shouldn't really even see him! Just wanted to know if anyone had ever used one and had any advice?

Gudgeon Mon 03-Sep-07 16:04:55

Yes, we use Sitters. All the babysitters we have had from them have been fine.

janinlondon Mon 03-Sep-07 16:05:23

Lots of us on here use sitters.co.uk

Lawrene8 Mon 03-Sep-07 16:09:25

Thanks - I did find them on the internet and they seemed professional - nice to know that other people have used them and found them OK.

JennaJ Mon 03-Sep-07 16:38:18

Where are you based, there are a few of us nannies (who are now mums too) who babysit in the evenings (I currently babysit for 3 mumsnetters) ... Might be able to find someone local to you.

Jenna

nannynick Mon 03-Sep-07 23:36:56

An advantage of using a babysitter you get to know via Mumsnet, is that you won't have the Membership and Bookings fees that agencies charge. If you are not using an agency on a regular basis, it can be cheaper in the long term to have a local nanny/childminder/other childcare worker to call upon, even if their hourly rate is higher than the rate quoted by the agency.

If you happen to be in North Hampshire, West Surrey, East Berkshire area, then I may be able to assist you.

Lawrene8 Tue 04-Sep-07 10:20:31

I live in Kent (well just outside london really) in the DA16 potcode which is near Welling and Bexleyheath. If anyone does babysit in this area then I'd love to hear from you.

blueshoes Tue 04-Sep-07 11:00:01

If your ds goes to a nursery, the carers who work there might babysit on the side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now