Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Moving to Wales from Hampshire will I have to re apply for registration??

(7 Posts)
moonstar04 Mon 27-Aug-07 11:03:46

Hi to you all

I am in the process if moving from Hampshire to Wales all my mindees will be in 4 weeks notice tomorrow bless t hem. However I do not know where to start with transferring my CM registration over. I just wondered if any of you have done this before and would share any problems you may have encountered etc and how long the whole process took from start to finish. I am not looking to walk out of this door and start straight away but asap would be nice as loss of income would be a pain.

many thanks

Eve Mon 27-Aug-07 11:31:26

...can't help, but I have 2 friends who are both in Hampshire and moving back to Wales...

.seems to be a lot heading back down the M4. Good luck with the move.

nannynick Mon 27-Aug-07 15:26:25

As far as I know, you would need to re-register with CSIW, as Ofsted registration only applies in England. There are some Welsh childminders who post on this board, so with luck they will spot your message and be able to give advice. Meanwhile, search threads for CSIW, that may bring up some things to read about registration in Wales.

mogs0 Mon 03-Sep-07 15:15:04

I am doing the same. So far, I have found out that I need a new CRB, the new house needs to be checked and I will have to complete part of the DHC1 course.

eleanorsmum Mon 03-Sep-07 15:18:44

i came over from wales and am just getting registered here, never actually got registered in wales. but they the CSIW has differetn standards over there! same as ofsted but with diffeernet numbers and names. it may be just a case of adapting your apperwork a little. my welsh crb check was valid here though. am sure yuo'll need the house re-inspected as you would if you moved house here i think.

kathcariad Sat 08-Sep-07 18:54:48

Hiya moonstar! Just spotted your thread.I am a cm in Newport , South Wales , previously cm in Scotland.Wales has its own child protection stuff that is different to the English so you will need to do that part of the pre-registration course , crb's and house checks.It used to be that you had to start from scratch(still is if you come from Scotland), even attending the briefing to tell you what cm is all about!! But as I understand it this has now been streamlined for those moving from England.Presumably you know where you are moving to , my best advice is to contact the ncma development officer for the area asap.Oh, and CSIW is now called CSSIW , hope that helps!

Hungrymama Sat 08-Sep-07 19:09:30

Hello Moonstar
I had just registered as a CM in England when I found out we were moving to Wales. Never actually got as far as minding anyone!! I had to have a new CRB and had to re-do course work, which involves a LOT of paperwork showing evidence of all 21 standards. Sigh! If you have plenty of experience under your belt you might be able to get out of this but I was told that it was different here so I had to conform. In the end I gave up, but I'm sure you'll do much better. It was just a bit disheartening after completely all the english coursework to have to start again!!!
Kathcariad's info may be more up to date than mine as I moved almost 2 years ago. Here's hoping!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: