Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is there much call for weekend only nannies?

(3 Posts)
RahRahRachel Sat 25-Aug-07 01:24:51

I'm in my mid 20s and am soon going to university to start an Early Childhood Studies degree - so working weekends (could do holidays too) would be ideal for me. However, I'm not sure how much demand there is for weekend nannies... Do any parents here employ weekend childcare, or know anyone who does?

I have 3 years nannying experience and would love to continue working with children while I'm studying rather than having to resort to a bar job.

BirdyArms Sat 25-Aug-07 15:59:22

My last two babysitters both got jobs as weekend nannies, meaning they couldn't babysit at weekends, so there must be some jobs out there. We are in Central London. Have you looked on Gumtree etc?

Squiffy Tue 28-Aug-07 13:34:23

Good idea. In addition to evening babysitting stuff, parents need to do things like buy new carpets and so on when you really need someone to mind the kids - we include in our nanny contracts that they do 6 hours for us every other weekend, quite often we are there as well and we do things together like swimming and so on, when it is just easier to have an extra pair of hands. we also love the option of having a lie-in at least once in a while (our DD wakes at 4.30 every morning ready for the day!!). I would advertise on Gumtree, nannyjob.co.uk, and in local newsagents.

If you do a search on the childcare topic for 'website' I think you might find a thread about an MNer who set up a service to provide nannying for weddings - another great idea.

I would advertise separately for holiday nannying and think you will get lots of interest form working mums

Where are you going to be studying?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now