Talk

Advanced search

Childminding Waiver

(12 Posts)
Marlene1968 Tue 10-Dec-19 20:44:57

I have applied for a waiver as my partner did something stupid years ago. I was under the impression that I would get the result in 2 weeks but have now been informed that I won’t know the result until my actual pre reg meeting? Has anyone else had experience of ofsted waivers? My partner won’t be in the house when I am childminding. I’ve spent hundreds on courses and toys for children and could be stopped at the final hurdle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
malovitt Wed 11-Dec-19 07:21:50

It entirely depends on what you mean by 'something stupid'.

lifeisgoodagain Wed 11-Dec-19 07:34:56

What @malovitt says. Stealing a low value item isn't the same as being imprisoned for gbh, anything child related would be no.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wed 11-Dec-19 07:46:51

As per PP depends on the crime....
You've probably been a bit silly in not having this checked out before you went ahead with it all?

You can't guarantee that your husband wouldn't be in the house around the children either - not all of the kids will be picked up at the same time - what if a parent is running late? What about when he has holiday you can't ban him from the house??

Marlene1968 Wed 11-Dec-19 10:09:34

I’m trying to gauge if this is other people’s experience as if you search it says a waiver decision in 2 weeks?

Marlene1968 Wed 11-Dec-19 10:12:29

They won’t let you apply for waiver first but I did enquire and was told to apply at same time as application and that I would get a decision.To apply you need to pass numerous course etc. Not asking if they will give me waiver just other people’s experiences and timescales.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wed 11-Dec-19 10:58:44

I'm guessing since you don't want to say what the crime is it's a fairly serious one????

givemushypeasachance Wed 11-Dec-19 11:36:38

There's guidance on their website about how they make decisions www.gov.uk/government/publications/applying-to-waive-disqualification-early-years-and-childcare-providers.

"We consider each request on its own merits, taking into account matters such as the reasons for your disqualification, the length of time since the matter took place that disqualifies you, the reasons why you believe we should waive your disqualification and any risks to children from allowing you to provide or work in early years and childcare provision. We may ask you for more information, or ask you or your associate to obtain a criminal conviction certificate, a criminal record certificate or an enhanced criminal record certificate, as appropriate, from the DBS or we may ask you to attend an interview before making our decision. We will notify you in writing of our decision."

Depending on the circumstances of the incident that led to the disqualification they may need to interview him about it, or speak with you about how you'll mitigate any risks, etc. It's not always a paper based tick box exercise.

Marlene1968 Wed 11-Dec-19 11:55:29

Thank you and I got all that. My question is when I applied for the waiver they said decision in 7-14 days. Now they are saying at the time of inspection. I’m trying to find out which is most likely.

Marlene1968 Wed 11-Dec-19 11:56:53

Seriously? I thought this was a site to help by sharing information not gossip. If it was serious I wouldn’t have applied 😊

1CantPickAName Wed 11-Dec-19 14:57:11

When Ofsted are involved in any decision, you should always expect the longest timeframe given, and then some!

Marlene1968 Wed 11-Dec-19 16:05:01

Thank you to everyone who has given advice, it’s greatly appreciated. All sorted now after a rather long conversation with Ofsted. Merry Christmas 😊

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in