Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Leaving present for lovely au pair?

(7 Posts)
chicaguapa Wed 22-Aug-07 08:59:27

Our summer au pair is leaving next week. She has been lovely, the kids adore her and we have enjoyed having her around so I would like to give her a leaving present. Any ideas?

Furzella Wed 22-Aug-07 09:49:08

Have you used the bobbooks website? You can create a photo album online then they make a hardback glossy photo album which they mail to you. My dh did it for me for our wedding anniversary and it made me cry (and I'm a tough old boot). If you have lots of photos of her time here - and if you can get any of her friends to email you pics - this might be a nice idea.

www.bobbooks.co.uk/

alycat Wed 22-Aug-07 09:51:59

I had a pic she had taken (digital) printed and framed, also got her a travel alarm clock that you can record vioces on to for the alarm - so she will wake to the sound of my children shouting her name! (Just like living with us!)

MightyMoosh Wed 22-Aug-07 11:33:39

When I left my last job the mum knew I was into craftingso she got me some crafty bits, I think it was better than something more expensive that she thought about my interests. It meant more, the thought, than the gifts!

MaureenMLove Wed 22-Aug-07 11:43:41

How about this? One of my mindees family bought me this for Christmas last year. The words that go with it really touched me and I was thrilled.

chicaguapa Wed 22-Aug-07 20:59:11

Some good ideas there, thanks. The photobook one is good but I know she's putting together a scrapbook of her time here so the photos will be going in there.

I am quite tempted to get her some jewellery as whenever we go to the shops she's always looking at it. Not the gold/silver variety, but the chunky wooden bracelet kind. I thought that would show that I'd noticed what she was into!

Will keep checking back for more ideas.

chicaguapa Wed 22-Aug-07 21:53:29

Have found this lovely fashion necklace which is really appropriate as she has been looking after DD & DS. Good price too and comes in a gift box...

here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now