Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for childminders

(14 Posts)
Sleepdeprivedmumma Thu 28-Nov-19 09:47:37

Hi everyone - I need to get some Christmas gifts for our childminders but I need some inspiration. I'm sure they will get loads of wine and chocolates etc so was hoping to get them something a little different.

What have been the best gifts that you've received?

I need 3 x gifts for each childminder and 1 x gift for the staff at the preschool to share.

Budget of £10 a gift.

Thank you for your help.

OP’s posts: |
Apple40 Thu 28-Nov-19 10:54:05

How about a nice gift voucher for a restaurant, one of favourite presents was a parent treating me and my husband to a nice meal out.

WisestIsShe Thu 28-Nov-19 21:11:12

Agree. We got a voucher for the local cinema. It was lovely after Christmas when money may be tight. £10 is plenty. Or Groupon have two tickets to Vue or possibly Odeon for £9.50 at the moment.

I love a nice card but please no more mugs with children's photos on. I only have a tiny kitchen fgrin

MrsBricks Thu 28-Nov-19 21:17:31

I think I'd prefer wine & chocolates for a £10 budget.

Thestrangestthing Thu 28-Nov-19 21:20:14

I know you said not chocolate, but one of the best presents I ever received was a taster box from the letterbox Bakery.

Thestrangestthing Thu 28-Nov-19 21:21:32

I also received a voucher for 2 people for the cinema. That was good.

SMaCM Fri 29-Nov-19 06:57:39

I'd be happy with wine or chocolate. A note saying why you are happy with the care your child has received this year would be nice and is always good for showing ofsted and future families.

A parent once gave me a big box of craft supplies, which sounds boring, but was great.

Her0utdoors Fri 29-Nov-19 07:18:15

Ask! My old cm was very clear that she didn't care for Baileys but was rather partial to a certain brandy. I actually gave her some jam I'd made, which she said was the best raspberry jam she'd ever had (I'm quite smug about that!).

Gottalovesummer Fri 29-Nov-19 09:31:00

Wine and chocolates always welcome!

But agree with above posters, my favourite gifts have been vouchers for cinema/theatre/restaurants that I can share with my family.

I'd be really happy to be given a £10 cinema voucher.

Sleepdeprivedmumma Fri 29-Nov-19 19:47:32

Thank you all for the replies. I hadn't considered a cinema voucher but it seems like it was a hit with some of you. Thanks again for the input.

OP’s posts: |
jannier Sat 30-Nov-19 08:28:20

Hand cream ....a really good one in an easy dispenser bottle our hands are always going through water.
If they push buggies and hand muff for winter.
Vouchers
I definitely wouldn't want craft stuff ....cupboards full and a bit like giving a bottle of cleaner, although I'd be grateful it would be more for the mindees not me

Bowerbird5 Sat 30-Nov-19 21:42:48

A book voucher, voucher for a local cafe, flowers or a bowl with some bulbs in it.
One of my families used to invite my daughter and I for a walk and afternoon tea including home baked Stollen. It was lovely. I was also given a small Stollen to take home. My friend is sometimes given a Panettone which she is delighted with.

SMaCM Sat 30-Nov-19 22:24:49

Bowerbird - I always used to love a panettone until I got 5 one year grin

CarterJ32 Wed 04-Dec-19 14:05:33

Wine all the way!!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in