Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Costco card

(9 Posts)
mummykench Mon 20-Aug-07 09:15:31

Morning all - does anyone have a Costco card and is it worth it? Do you know if they do arts and crafts stuff?

Looneytunes I did your tip re childcarelink website - thanks ;-) Where do you get your arts and crafts stuff from? Is there one of those freebie places in Reading?

Jacqui x

Whizzz Mon 20-Aug-07 09:21:09

They do have some limited A&C stuff - tends to vary week to week though.
I've seen glitter glues, construction paper, scrap book things, handmade paper, oil painting things, craft scissors that sort of thing

looneytune Mon 20-Aug-07 09:28:18

My parents do a parcel at Christmas for my childminding and it's filled with stuff from The Works. We have one in Broad Street Mall but it's not got quite the same selection as what my parents get from Lincoln.

I also get paints, paper etc from Asda as pretty cheap.

Not go Costco card but may get one too. It's not far from me at all

MaureenMLove Mon 20-Aug-07 09:47:21

I combine all my a&c stuff with what I buy for Guiding. Share the cost iyswim, that way its even cheaper. I use Baker Ross online and Yellow Moon, but also just usual high street shops. I agree about limited stuff at Costo. Not worth it for me, since its quite a long way too.

Saz73 Mon 20-Aug-07 10:08:17

Hi
Hobbycraft are doing a Kids Bumber Craft pack 1/2 price at the moment. Only 4.99. They're having a big sale at the mo alot of things are 1/2 price.
It's got loads of stuff (no paint though). Definatley worth the money it's keeping my lot quiet

looneytune Mon 20-Aug-07 10:23:54

Oooohhh, may have to try that

MaureenMLove Mon 20-Aug-07 10:35:00

Now usually I wouldn't go to Hobbycraft, because I find it more expensive to start with, but since its a wet day and its just me & dd at home, I might just take a look! 1/2 price you say? {Mo rumages for a credit card in her bag}

Saz73 Mon 20-Aug-07 10:47:24

We went to the one in Reading, so persumably should be at the one near you too.

expatinscotland Mon 20-Aug-07 10:49:02

We have one and absolutely love it.

I get lots of arts and crafts stuff there.

We're moving to a more rural location and are glad that we'll be able to stock up in bulk on some essentials at Costco.

We don't have Hobbycraft in Scotland.

The birthday cakes in Costco are fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now