Talk

Advanced search

Leaving gift for childminder

(13 Posts)
MaryH90 Sat 09-Nov-19 13:16:57

My daughter is about to leave her chidminder who she has been with since she was a few months old (she’s now 2.5). I would like to get her a nice gift. I was thinking alcohol (she likes a drink), flowers and something else a bit more personal. Would a photo frame with a photo of my daughter be a good gift? If not has anyone got better suggestions? I’m just about to go on maternity leave so price is an issue, total price of all gifts will hopefully be below £30. TIA!

notthemum Sat 09-Nov-19 14:09:06

Buy here a nice bunch of flowers . Help your little one to make her something (not too big) a plate from one of these pottery places, a picture little one has done for her put in a nice frame, tea towel with little ones handprints in fabric paint. You should be able to do any of these with the flowers for about fifteen quid. Then you get her a lovely thank you card and put in that you would be happy to recommend her/supply a reference if required (if that's how you feel)

notthemum Sat 09-Nov-19 14:10:57

Her not here for goodness sake. Good luck with new baby, enjoy your time off.

GleamInYourEyes Sat 09-Nov-19 14:13:16

A bottle of wine and flowers and a thoughtful card would be perfect for me.

I don't need/want any photos of childminded children to be honest, I have lots already!

I don't really like nick nacks and have enough mugs etc so personally wouldn't be so keen on things like that.

Apple40 Sat 09-Nov-19 15:48:29

I would love bottle of wine, Flowers, chocolate nice card saying thank you etc. I second no photo of your little as I too will have loads so don’t need anymore and would not put up anyway.

Is your daughter not staying with childminder while you are on maternity leave so she can have them both when you go back to work? Only asking as finding space for 2 children are very few and far between around my way

Anniemum3 Sat 09-Nov-19 16:43:10

I think the best gift for any busy childminder would be a voucher for a treatment or a meal?

LucieLucie Sat 09-Nov-19 16:50:38

How thoughtful.

A nice card with personal message inside is wonderful, bottle of something nice though check she drinks wine - I prefer gin grin

A voucher for a meal or a nice treatment/nails would be really appreciated here.

Personally I feel flowers are a waste, and chocolate makes me even fatter blush

MaryH90 Sun 10-Nov-19 10:24:52

We’re unfortunately having to move her to another childminder as my current one doesn’t offer pick up and drops offs from the nursery/school she is going to. Luckily I’ve found someone who can take DD and new baby when I go back to work from maternity leave. I’ll not get a photo frame then! I wonder whether a voucher for a local beauty salon would be a good idea? Her financial circumstances have changed and she’s mentioned having to cut back on luxuries so having a voucher to get her nails/hair done could be useful?

RedElephants Sun 10-Nov-19 14:29:18

To be fair I would have been happy with a card/photo..

I've had several families over the years, only one family gave me a leaving present..
My last family I gave notice too, as I got a job in a school, after 8 years not even a card..

malovitt Mon 11-Nov-19 07:27:44

Voucher for nails/treatment is a lovely gift.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Mon 11-Nov-19 07:33:42

Oh gosh yes no photo of your little one. I wouldn’t display it, no offence.

jannier Mon 11-Nov-19 12:57:49

Ive got Photos by the bucket load, a homemade card lovely reference then vouchers for meal or hair,nails etc.

Maryann1975 Mon 11-Nov-19 17:41:00

No photos or handprint plates for me. I’ve got my own dc to do those things to display and I think they’d be a bit out out if I was displaying other dc photos. If she has mentioned cutting back on luxuries (like hair/nails) then I think that would be an excellent gift - a voucher for one of those places. My families would hopefully know to get me a voucher for next, Costa or the local nail salon in town. They also know I drink gin, like chocolates and wish I had more flowers in the house!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »