Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Help please re charging while child at preschool but parent does drop off etc

(10 Posts)
Booh Thu 16-Aug-07 13:11:31

I have had an enquiry from a parent.

She wants me to have her LO 3 or 4 days a week.

However, she wants to drop her LO off at Preschool and for me to pick him up at lunch time two days a week.

Do I charge for the time he is there? As yet I have not talked to the mum about money! She is coming to see me.

It is a term time only preschool, so I would have him in the school hols - the problem is, if I didn't charge I would fill those mornings (another potential client already contacted me) and then what would happen to him in the school hols?

Shoshable Thu 16-Aug-07 13:17:15

Ok I have a policy that covers it:

UNDER 5’S IN OTHER SETTINGS

A child is counted as an under 5 by Ofsted until they are in full time education i.e. at school for 10 sessions a week.

A child who is at pre school is a under 5 and if they are with a childminder before and after pre school, and require a fulltime space during the holidays they therefore are taking a childminders full time space. As such you are required to pay retainer fee for the time that they are at preschool, as the childminder cannot then fill the part time that they are at pre school.

Shoshable Thu 16-Aug-07 13:18:35

it really depends on weather you will be needed for the preschool hours duringthe holidays.

Booh Thu 16-Aug-07 13:23:41

Thanks Shoshable - I will be needed in the school hols

Booh Fri 17-Aug-07 19:03:58

bump

maximummummy Thu 23-Aug-07 23:30:16

this is very interesting to me to as i also have a mindee(existing)who's changing pre-school hours in september and mum will be doing drop-off and me pick-up as i have told her i'm unwilling to do drop-off.
Mindee is not 5 till may and needs me all year round therefore taking up an under 5 place

SO what should i charge while he's @ extended pre-school? Should a retainer be half normal rate?

sorry that was very woffly

looneytune Fri 24-Aug-07 08:43:24

Difficult one if you are unwilling to do the school run. Not sure on that one I'm afraid.

Rubybees Fri 24-Aug-07 14:52:01

I don't charge whilst child at pre-school but did like Shoshable's policy.
None of the childminders in my area charge for whilst little ones in creche/preschool so I work on that basis. I do work over school hols so then charge say 8-5 but I also do drop offs/pick ups from pre-school as only 5 mins from the frint door hehe (get me out the house for a bit as it feels some day)

maximummummy Fri 31-Aug-07 00:35:23

spoke to mindee's mum this week and even though i won't be able to take mindee to school(not enough time from drop-off till start of school) i'm still going to get paid the same!

so i'm very very happy grin

I had been getting quite stressed out about it all sad she is such a nice mum smile

PinkChick Fri 31-Aug-07 14:34:55

if you will be the ones to be contacted when the child falls over etc at school, then you should be the one getting paid for the time they are there..ask parent if they would like to name you as first contact and go from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now