Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB calling all those that are paid in advance

(7 Posts)
OFSTEDoutstanding Wed 15-Aug-07 22:56:35

Hi I am paid weekly in advance so am paid on the Monday morning for the week ahead. This works really well and all families are excellent payers and always on time (helps that I have a late fee and they know I will use it).
Thing is it is the first time a mindee is going on holiday in 2 weeks time for a week. I charge half pay when mindees go on holidays. The thing I am slightly stuck on is do I bill the mum for 2 weeks to be paid this Monday (so will pay full for next week and then half for week after when off) or do I bill once she comes back? (so will pay half for the week just had off and full for the week ahead).
Sorry if I have rambled on but getting late and last mindee has just been collected after 15 hour day

Shoshable Wed 15-Aug-07 23:00:58

I get paid monthly in advance, at holidays and Christmas, I ask for a post dated cheque to be given to me on the last working day that the mindee is in, does this help?

Katymac Wed 15-Aug-07 23:07:45

Ask the mum which she would prefer

Either 1.5 wks on 21st or 1.5 wks on 3rd or 1.25 each date?

hennipenni Thu 16-Aug-07 07:24:13

I do the same as sosha.

LoveMyGirls Thu 16-Aug-07 08:06:19

I ask for payment before they go, but if they would good payers i wouldnt mind a cheque.

ayla99 Thu 16-Aug-07 09:44:26

I put in my contracts that if payment day falls during a holiday the Parent agrees to pay prior to the commencement of their holiday unless they have already authorised automated payments. (have some that pay online/standing orders so doesn't apply to them)

Rubybees Tue 21-Aug-07 14:30:27

I get paid monthly in advance

Payment due 2nd month, so if I'm away over that time payment when I get back or if their away we do the same. It works out well though because I give bills out a week before pay day, so would give out a week before going away.

My parents are very good and pay me on their last day before going away anyway! Altough during contracts state that it would be due on the next working day after the 2nd (ie: if the second fell on a saturday, payment would be due on 4th etc etc.)

Make sence no, probaly not hehe

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now