Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Staff Room ......................Tuesday

(25 Posts)
Shoshable Tue 14-Aug-07 07:45:30

God its throwing it down here and the car seats where leeft on the doorstep last night (wasnt expectiong the rain duh) so we aint going anywhere today.

dmo Tue 14-Aug-07 07:47:02

Grot here too
was going to the park for a pinic so i guess it will be an indoor picnic today
never mind

KaySamuels Tue 14-Aug-07 07:53:15

Meant to be off to Whitby today, no way am I going in this weather (thinks sadly of coach trip money down the drain). Mum of baby mindee keeping him home due to weather so have day off but no money and ds' buggy has no hood or raincover argh! Think I need to raise funds for new single one, I hear ebay calling.

Shosha - you have me wanting a marcosky DP will not be happy!

DMO - we love indoor picnics here think it's because the kids are sooo excited I'm not insisiting they stay at the table with their food!

dmo Tue 14-Aug-07 07:58:54

put coach tickets on freecycle its a shame to waste them somebody might go to whitby today
i would prob just go for an ice-cream myself and then have a lovely hot bubble bath this evening

LoveMyGirls Tue 14-Aug-07 08:01:10

I've got an unexpected day off as mindee has chicken pox this week so my dd's are going to grandads while i crack on with some paperwork which has been building for some time now and desperately needs sorting! Not looking forward to it at all!

Shoshable Tue 14-Aug-07 08:02:44

LMGs flask of coffee, ipod phone off hook and a timer, I set myself a hour to do so much paper work when the timer goes off its time for a break, surprising how much you get done

LoveMyGirls Tue 14-Aug-07 08:07:45

Sounds like a very good plan, i've got to go to the bank first to pay in money and change some SO's. When i come back here i've got to go through every draw of paperwork (all crammed full!!) throw out all crap and file anything worth keeping then if theres time i need to do my accounts as they are rapidly falling behind! No idea what time FIL will ask me to come and collect the girls either so I could have 3 hours to do it all or 5 so going to feel guilty if i have any breaks guess a few cups of tea on the job wont hurt tho!

Katymac Tue 14-Aug-07 08:16:59

Morning all - I should do paperwork as well

Mind you I have a stinking headache - so maybe not today

PinkChick Tue 14-Aug-07 08:28:27

well weather pants here too and have my normal mindee, dd and my friends two girls(who we are off on hol with) , said id have them to let everyone get sorted for hol as they all go tomorrow early doors...let dd bring all her bratz stuff down(she noramlly keeps them in her bedroom ie: not for mindees, but as her friends are over and mindee is quite responsable now, they can all paly)..also got picnic blanket down for lunch, thne making cakes this afty..but i MUST NOT EAT THEM..have to be good this week!

LoveMyGirls Tue 14-Aug-07 08:33:54

Oh yeh PC i saw you on the losing weight thread, i've joined too so if you see me please can you remind me to go on the trampoline!!!!!!! And no more biscuits at toddler groups!

looneytune Tue 14-Aug-07 08:37:38

Horrible rain here too Oh well, maybe we'll decorate the biscuits we baked yesterday. Got my friends 2 kiddies today so expecting a harder day. I always find when they don't come here regularly that they get over excited, trash the playroom and get all hyper Both girls, one is ds's age and the other is 13 months. I think the little one will probably cry when first left but will be fine after a bit. We met up with them on holiday and although she's clingy of her mum normally, I managed to distract her and she hardly noticed mum gone. Fingers crossed the same today.

KS - have you tried freecycle for the pram? I've picked up loads of great bits from freecycle

I can't help but whenever I think about this au pair situation!! Especially when au pair found out late yesterday afternoon that the mum wasn't back and couldn't have had her text . Full house of b&b's and no one to deal with them - oops!! Had a funny dream last night that the parents turned up at my doorstep with kids, bedding etc etc and just said I need you to have them, we're knackered and no au pair. It was very strange.

Anyway, have a good day everyone. I'm enjoying the rest of my cuppa before getting washed and slowly getting ready for starting at 10

PinkChick Tue 14-Aug-07 08:40:38

looney....so these parents have booked in a b&b full of guests and there is NO**ONE there to see them??no one at all????

PinkChick Tue 14-Aug-07 08:41:25

oh and LMG GET YER BUTT ON THAT TRAMPOLINE!!!!

looneytune Tue 14-Aug-07 08:45:53

PC, yes, they booked in B&B guests as per usual and coz au pair wasn't going with them, gave her usual big list of to do's including shopping for food needed for them, cleaning bathroom, making beds etc. She text'd on Sunday to let them know she'd left as thought they wouldn't check email but no reply and then she got an email from them at 4.30 with what to do and she thought 'oh sh*t, no one there'. Oh dear, never mind

You may think I'm cruel thinking that if you don't know the full story but believe me, they deserve it!!!

PinkChick Tue 14-Aug-07 09:00:56

no, shes not cruel at all shes been treat like an unpaid skivvy...just feel sorry for the people who have booked to stay there with that incompetant couple

looneytune Tue 14-Aug-07 09:54:16

Exactly but yeah, I feel sorry for guests (like I did when they overbooked and put people on air beds in lounge etc! ) too but I do find it all quite secretly amusing and wish I could see parents face when they find out.

KaySamuels Tue 14-Aug-07 10:00:06

I used to be in the freecycle group for my area but it's a big area got hundreds of emails all the time, mostly saying wanted - laptop or wanted - psp. So I gave it up as a bad idea once I got rid of what needed to.

I keep thinking about aupair family too LT! Can't believe you dreamt about them!!

looneytune Tue 14-Aug-07 10:31:24

KS - you can opt out of emails and just search for what you want on the site And yeah, was well funny dream. They were sooooo fuming mad hehe

PinkChick Tue 14-Aug-07 10:57:38

so when are they due back?
and will aur pair be ok?..breaking contract etc? although..she has never only been their aur pair has she, more like slave!..hope shes much happier now

looneytune Tue 14-Aug-07 10:59:41

Due back later today. No contract!

PinkChick Tue 14-Aug-07 11:09:18

ah good, has she been paid up aswell? or is she happy to let it go?

looneytune Tue 14-Aug-07 11:20:10

I didn't ask about the pay, think she's paid in her bank so if she is, and IF she's overpaid, not sure what she'll/they'll do but that's not my business. I think she's just glad to be out tbh.

PinkChick Tue 14-Aug-07 11:21:47

ive just done as you asked in your email.

looneytune Tue 14-Aug-07 11:27:01

cheers mate, just couldn't keep up . off to collect printables from upstairs as they want to do colouring.

ju Tue 14-Aug-07 18:27:50

Cor blimey how busy have we been today ! 2 ad hoc mindees today age 3 and 6 plus regular mindee age 2 plus my 2 boys 5 and 7 phew ! Lots of craft, painting/cutting/sticking cos so crap outside boo hiss. No one in the staff room since this morning <impressed at busy CMs>
Missed slot for shower before ITNG so mum will have to shower the boys cos me and DP off to band practice in a bit <ju slips anorak on >

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now