Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

am i silly or sooo soft???!!! i didn't take 3 weeks holiday money

(8 Posts)
edker Thu 09-Aug-07 12:30:32

Well my mindes family went to on holiday and I decided not taking 3 weeks holiday money from her even I need that money so badly.

we are like a friend now so I thought leave the money but I can't go holiday again so I have to stay here because no money.

Am I stupid or sooo soft?
I don't know really THE answer.
Have a nice holiday to everybody who is on holiday now

MaureenMLove Thu 09-Aug-07 12:36:02

Twit! Thats all I can say! But, I've done it myself! Its so difficult to keep things on a professional level, when you look after peoples children in your own home isn't it. I have a rule now, that I never take up any invitations from my mindees, that's how it starts and thats how you end up loosing valuable money. DON'T DO IT AGAIN, YOU NAUGHTY GIRL!! {Mo slaps wrists of edker!}

edker Thu 09-Aug-07 14:21:47

YES MmLove I know I shouldn't do it.what can I say.

ayla99 Thu 09-Aug-07 14:49:33

I'm a twit too. I did the same thing in my first year - the family didn't pay before they went and I didn't ask for it when they got back. How stupid is that!!

When they come back and again when you renew the contract, I would explain you will be charging in future. Now I get people to pay in advance so they've usually already paid for their holiday before they take it.

edker Thu 09-Aug-07 16:29:28

I am a twit yes I should put lines between the friendship and busunessship.
It is difficult for me because if someone nice to me they can get everything.

Life is hard really hope she will appreciate what I have done for her.
I believe she is a nice woman. She never tried to mess up with me and she always showed her appreciation towards me.

motherinferior Thu 09-Aug-07 16:38:32

Tell people at the beginning! My childminder charges full rate when we go away, half rate when she goes away. She's booked up literally months in advance - has to turn away work.

mrspitt Thu 09-Aug-07 18:53:14

Parent phoned me today, " Do you still need payment for the summer hols ( term time only child) to keep xxxx place? "

ME: Oh no, its fine, i didn't charge you at Easter so don't worry bout it.
WTFlipping heck!!!

I've moaned about how will we cope over summer for money blah, blah, blah and it's cos i'm tooo bloomin soft!!! Not enough guts to say, ACTUALLY............ [BLUSH]

MaureenMLove Thu 09-Aug-07 19:02:01

Its so easily done. I'm a sucker for a term time only contract too! Thing is, I reason, I make enough money to cover the things I need to cover and all my parents are very good to me, because I am good to them. I could earn so much more, but actually, I don't want to do more than I do! Somehow, the way my families work, I manage to get Wednesday and Thursday with only schoolies, which means I get 2 days a week to myself. I'd much rather that tbh. Sometimes you have to remember that quality of life it better than money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now