Talk

Advanced search

feedback for A-LEVEL

(4 Posts)
kelashton18 Mon 09-Sep-19 10:43:31

I am currently taking A-level product design and I am in the process of designing a product that will allow users to charge their devices will on the go with the use of solar energy. i am looking to find out if finding somewhere to charge your devices is a problem for parents/carers while on the go. I would highly appreciate input/feedback as to how big of a problem this is for you personally, what features you'd like to see on this type of product, as well as any problems you believe need to be addressed. All feedback will be extremely useful

OP’s posts: |
mankyfourthtoe Mon 09-Sep-19 10:54:45

Tbh not at all. It's part of my risk assessments that I take out a fully charged phone. I also had a power bank and charger in the car as back up.
Half the week I'd be inside at activities

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Mon 09-Sep-19 11:02:39

We already have a solar charger and power banks for when we go camping, how is this different?

IWouldPreferNotTo Mon 09-Sep-19 11:14:32

Well considering that I can buy a battery pack which puts out 3A@5V allowing me to fast charge my phone (six times over) for £15 and is smaller than a packet of cigarettes I'm not sure that carrying a solar panel would be much use.

So we're looking for 15W having a quick scan on AliExpress shows that you're generally looking at around 1.5Kg and 550x350x25mm for the panel size.

I'm almost certain that the difficulties you might face out and about charging are insignificant compared to carrying around an larger than A3 paper sized solar panel.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in