Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Young babies...

(5 Posts)
crace Tue 07-Aug-07 11:23:56

Do any of you set up a "plan" for development of littlies - ie. 6 months onwards?

I have that baby starting in 2 weeks time (hooray!) and I was wondering what ya'll do for little ones?

looneytune Tue 07-Aug-07 13:37:43

I haven't done but believe this will be required when the new Foundation framework comes in??? The 2 babies I have currently started at 7 weeks old and 8 weeks old and I would have thought that was a bit young imo but maybe not?

Good luck and well done on the new baby

Katymac Tue 07-Aug-07 15:00:32

I just use WOW moments & next steps

I record them on a sheet & combined with photos I have been told OFSTED will accept this

So my 15mo stands up unsupported for a few seconds I record it & put "more toys on the table to encourage reaching" & maybe take a picture

crace Tue 07-Aug-07 15:51:50

That sounds good to me, I have a birth to 3 matters framework development sheet that I plan to use (Ofsted were happy with at inspection) but I was wondering if there was anything more in depth that people do. Like a learning plan, etc...?

looneytune Tue 07-Aug-07 15:55:02

I just plan on using post it notes etc. as my old mentor said this was fine - she was selected by Ofsted for a chat to see how things could work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now