Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

My Childminder has quit!!

(13 Posts)
burstingbug Fri 03-Aug-07 17:52:02

As of 3 weeks time we have no cm for DS1. She has decided to take up a different job that has been offered to her. DS1 has only been going to her for 5 months, before that he was in nursery which we took him out of as they were awful.
Now I need to find somewhere for him as my Mum can't manage the 2 boys 3 days a week.
Aaaaaagh the stress!!!

ju Fri 03-Aug-07 18:40:41

BB which part of the country do you live in ? I mean generally rather than giving specifics. One of us might be able to help

meandmy Fri 03-Aug-07 18:49:50

sorry can you check out some more cm quickly or see if a friend could watch them a cpl of days so that your mom would be okay with the other days just till you have sorted a new cm!
good luck

KaySamuels Fri 03-Aug-07 18:49:56

Also look on http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk , ask at school/nursery, and if you are still getting on with your cm she may know someone in your area too.

nannynick Fri 03-Aug-07 18:55:53

Remember that ChildcareLink does not list all childcare providers. However it will give you the phone number for your local Childcare Information Service, who if you call them will be able to send you a list (can be via e-mail these days) of childcare providers with vacancies.

burstingbug Fri 03-Aug-07 19:09:36

Gone onto CIS website, have a few numbers to try, but it was hellish trying to find this cm.
We're in Dorset - Weymouth/Portland area, I don't drive so needs to be on bus route or walking distance.

ju Fri 03-Aug-07 19:11:28

Good luck BB with your search for a new CM. I am in Glos so no help I'm afraid x

burstingbug Fri 03-Aug-07 19:12:59

Our CIS seems to be out of date a lot of the time too.

alibubbles Sat 04-Aug-07 06:33:07

burstingbug, give me the first few details of your postcode and I will post a message on my uk childminders forum for you. They are all good childminders, dedicated to their work!

burstingbug Sat 04-Aug-07 09:34:09

Thanks, it's DT5

alibubbles Sat 04-Aug-07 10:44:40

Are you looking for full or part time and what hours?

newcm Sat 04-Aug-07 10:54:32

Hi alibubbles, don't mean to butt in, but just wondering what uk childminders forum there is?! I am a registered childminder and have a space available just now.

burstingbug Sat 04-Aug-07 10:55:20

Part-time, Fri. 9-5, if rates are reasonable then Thurs & Fri. DS1 is 2.5 years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now