Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Embarrasing story about my day to make you laugh!

(9 Posts)
star1976 Thu 02-Aug-07 21:27:02

Can laugh now as all ended well, but was in a state earlier!

After a lovely morning at a meadow and a picnic by a stream, brought kids home and got babies to sleep. Older kids playing happily (me being shop keeper) all going well (should have known it was too well).

When babies woke up, brought them downstairs and told older two to get ready to go to the library.

Pops to the toilet before going, AND THE BLOODY DOOR WOULDN'T OPEN!!!!!

Hadn't even locked it, the stupid handle wouldn't turn. My DD 8, DS 17 months, mindee 6 and mindee 16 months were all in the house and I couldn't get out the loo!!!

DD passed bread knife (explained to her the one she butters her toast with) under door and I unscrewed and dismantled handle but couldn't get out still. Trying to kick it down, but very small loo, and very large arse, so no room to move and no chance of door budging!!!!

Had to get DD to go to neighbour (stressing to mindee not to leave the house or leave the door open, if she had gone out and door had shut behind her babies would have been completely alone and noone would have been able to get in).

Neighbour comes in and tries to get me out but couldn't (not panicking quite so much by now as adult with kids). She had to go and get another neighbour who is a builder from across the road, who i don't even know, to come and try, and he eventually let me out.

By which time I was completely and totally embarrased and wanted to flush myself down the toilet!

So close to having to calling the fire brigade!!!!!! I would have been mortified!

DP comes in, and is more concerned about the state of the bloody door!

Sorry it's long, but wanted to set the scene!!! (I know I shall win no literary prizes). Hope it raised a chuckle somewhere!

bananabump Thu 02-Aug-07 21:34:17

Gahhh what a nightmare! Bet you felt like a plonker afterwards!

newcm Thu 02-Aug-07 21:41:38

You've def got a chuckle out of me! Feel really sad, sittng in front of computer laughing to myself! Don't think i would have been laughing quite so much if it were me! Next time don't shut the door!

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 02-Aug-07 21:44:04

Ohhhh -this has happened to me - bedroom door handle mechanism imploded. Luckily I was on the outside and had enough clothes in the "clean" basket downstairs to get dressed

mogs0 Thu 02-Aug-07 21:44:54

Thank goodness for DD!!! Glad you can laugh about it now, I'd still be crying probably!!!!

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 02-Aug-07 21:47:58

Also it happened to my mum. She was staying at a friends (remote) house down south, and friend and my dad had gone on a booze cruise to France (to get alcohol for my wedding). They left really early, and she got up and realised that she couldn't open the door. She tried credit cards, kicking, nothing worked. Then 3 hours later she found a phone in the room and phoned me. I was 200 miles away. She has parkinsons and was getting shakey. She had no food and the boys were not expected back for another 10 hours.

I called the police who went round and let her out within an hour.

Blardy worrying when you are in that situation though

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 02-Aug-07 21:47:59

Also it happened to my mum. She was staying at a friends (remote) house down south, and friend and my dad had gone on a booze cruise to France (to get alcohol for my wedding). They left really early, and she got up and realised that she couldn't open the door. She tried credit cards, kicking, nothing worked. Then 3 hours later she found a phone in the room and phoned me. I was 200 miles away. She has parkinsons and was getting shakey. She had no food and the boys were not expected back for another 10 hours.

I called the police who went round and let her out within an hour.

Blardy worrying when you are in that situation though

star1976 Thu 02-Aug-07 21:54:58

Several minutes of complete stress! Followed by the rest of the day feeling completely embarrased !

Thing is when it is just me and the babies I don't shut the door anyway (no dignity in being a CM is there ), but cause DD and older mindee were there I did.

Am just so bloody glad that it DIDN'T happen when DD wasn't there. Have taken handle and all it's workings completely off and demanded that DP gets a new one, even though he claims to have fixed it!

No chance am I risking it again!

On the bright side, the time I was sat in there waiting to be 'rescued' was the longest sit down I have had all day !

star1976 Thu 02-Aug-07 21:55:45

Very glad that I made a few people laugh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now