Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

New ish childminder in west lothian, Scotland!

(13 Posts)
newcm Wed 01-Aug-07 22:41:25

Hi everyone, i registered as a childminder back in febuary and have had a full time mindee, but it all went a bit pear shaped and they have since left without serving notice period on contract. Looking for another child to mind as only have an after school child just now. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks xxxx

cmv Wed 01-Aug-07 22:49:08

look around local shops/post offices/libraries and see where will let you plug a bit of advertising for free, been registered for a few years now and places fill and empty as families' circumstances change - busy one minute - quiet next, sure it will pick up with a bit of work

cmv Wed 01-Aug-07 22:50:27

just thought go to local toddler groups and make yourself known to local mums, good for the children your looking after and good for promoting yourself

newcm Wed 01-Aug-07 22:53:00

Thanx, have a notice up in local library and post office but never heard anything from them. Just can't wait to get fully into it and start to get some sort of routine going. Can't wait for the schools to start back so i can start at the childminding groups in my area, will hopefully find something there.

cmv Wed 01-Aug-07 23:00:35

do u know any childminders in your area, in the village where I live we have all got each others contact numbers and can pass on details to parents if we dont have vacancies - help each other out a bit

newcm Thu 02-Aug-07 08:29:10

No! I'm hoping that once i start the school run i will get to know a few mums and maybe find someone.

pointydog Thu 02-Aug-07 08:38:37

doesn't your council have a list of all childcare providers? Then you could at least make contact with the ones nearest to you, to introduce yourself and to ask them to pass on any they cannot accept.

nailpolish Thu 02-Aug-07 08:42:20

are you on this site?

i live in lothian and i used it to find childcare for my dd2

hth

Shoshable Thu 02-Aug-07 08:49:40

Ring the NCMA they should be able to tel you where your nearest CM group is love, I run one here and it makes alot of difference, we can pass work along when we are hull, and join up together for playdates and such.

newcm Thu 02-Aug-07 21:09:03

Thanks everyone, i have tried everything and am just waiting for my nearest childminding group to return after their summer break. I think it's going to just be a waiting game. Are there many people on this site from scotland?

pointydog Thu 02-Aug-07 23:26:16

quite a few I feel, yes

wewillfixit Sat 04-Aug-07 14:22:13

Just out of interest ( I might be needing a childminder soon...) whereabouts in West Lothian are you?

newcm Sat 04-Aug-07 19:34:41

I am in Mid calder. Would that be any good to you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now