Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Need to moan!!!!!!

(15 Posts)
CakeandFineWine Thu 26-Jul-07 19:18:32

AAARRRGGGHHHHH

MY CM is pregnant so looking for new childcare

Can't find a CM with vacancies I like (in fact I wouldn't have even left my dog with one of them!)

All the nurseries I've been to I haven't been impressed with and the only one I did like is a whopping £164 per WEEK!!!!!!!

Oh times running out she wants to finish late sept/early oct!
WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!

Really don't want to leave DD with some1 I'm not comfortable with! She's only 13 months old!

Its all SO stressful....... MMmmmm maybe I should just have 6 months off work with stress?¬? hehe

OK thanks Rant Over

Shoshable Thu 26-Jul-07 19:20:50

Is there nobody on here who could recommend one. Where are you?

CakeandFineWine Thu 26-Jul-07 19:23:44

I've tried EVERYTHING!
I'm in the black hole that is Stafford!
No-one has any vacancies! Theres a great nursery at the hospital I work at but they don't have a vacancy until March!

Shoshable Thu 26-Jul-07 19:32:01

Have you tried advertising for one, alot of CMs dont put there names on list, worth a try

CakeandFineWine Thu 26-Jul-07 19:37:07

Good thought Thanks Shoshable!

Where is best to advertise? In the paper?

CarGirl Thu 26-Jul-07 19:37:36

Nanny from a temp agency? Possible local nanny share -again possibly temp?

Shoshable Thu 26-Jul-07 19:38:24

try the local papers, or the CIS maybe they do them in your area

CakeandFineWine Thu 26-Jul-07 19:39:05

MMmmm I need full time unfortunately!
Want something permanent not sure if CM will return to work or not yet!
I feel DD needs some stable childcare!

Shoshable Thu 26-Jul-07 19:41:18

def try advertising, have you a children centre near you they will advertise for you as well.

CarGirl Thu 26-Jul-07 19:42:24

nanny-share is one nanny looking after children from more than one family, on a temporary basis there may be a family and nanny willing to help out?

looneytune Thu 26-Jul-07 19:42:56

Have you phoned the Children's Information Service aswell as look on the net? Just that not all show on the internet and they'll have better records.

CakeandFineWine Thu 26-Jul-07 19:44:15

AAARrrhh thanks you guys!
Will try all this unless I loose my mind before then x

Shoshable Thu 26-Jul-07 19:50:36

Come back and we will help you find it if you do

CakeandFineWine Thu 26-Jul-07 19:57:18

I dunno think its long gone now!

MrsPuddleduck Tue 31-Jul-07 16:05:04

Any luck yet.

Stafford is a black hole when it comes to childcare.

Have you thought of Butterflies Nursery at Stafford College? My DS1 went there until we moved house and I thought it was really good. They accept busy bee vouchers and are v accommodating.

I found my childminder through word of mouth but did find a good one in Walton on the Hill - is that too far?

One thing to consider is that some childminders will collect (or at least mine does) so it doesn't matter so much where they are located (within reason).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now