Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: Do you ever have days when....

(12 Posts)
PinkChick Thu 26-Jul-07 18:20:05

your last mindee go's and your sat there with your own dc climbing the walls cos theyve finally got mum backa nd all you want to do is sit on you RS and do nothing..not the bath time, or the tea or the p.j's or the fight before bedtime..oh and then go out and do the shopping for week once dd in bed!....yes i am having a very stressful day, but dont know why as children have all been great?!

Rubybees Thu 26-Jul-07 20:56:54

oh yes! Sat here with a large glass of wine now

crace Thu 26-Jul-07 20:59:51

PC - you know, I was just thinking this today. I had a baby for the last two days, and he is full on. He's only 4.5 mths so very high demand, rightfullly so. However, dd was very jealous and once he left she has been all over me. I am, unfortunately, shattered from said baby and useless. Sigh - I understand why she wants just ME.

So, you are not alone. I am finding the daily demand of my precious mindees and the demand after "hours" of my own children, quite challenging..

Shoshable Thu 26-Jul-07 21:16:08

lovlies it does get easier............when your own leave home

Enjoy your wine almost the 1st week of the holidays over

PinkChick Fri 27-Jul-07 08:26:53

it doesnt help that dd is waking from 5am each morning and constantly asking "when is it going to be morning?"..i realyl dont feel like i can get out of bed lately and am even unappreciative that i actually have today off!..albeit to go to dentist then make 1hr walk to a party for dd's friend as no bus run there..pah..im in a bit of a black hole at min i think!

KaySamuels Fri 27-Jul-07 08:32:50

I have recently been feeling guilty that ds is often overlooked whilst I am minding as he is not constantly demanding of my attention (which most of my mindees are). Then I too have the evening Im too knackered guilt which has resulted in ds not having a bed time routine (started minding when ds was 4months), we usually have a snuggle on the sofa when last mindee goes and ds usually falls asleep like that!

I feel like you at the minute pc! It's hard isn't it, but I think all mums feel guilty like thisregardless of how and where they work tbh!

PinkChick Fri 27-Jul-07 08:37:19

i think its finally just hit me that im a working mum, but i dont get a break from being a mum or work or house work or bills ..its hard and ive just realised!
i want to bounce out of bed to spend a precious hour with dd before mindees come but i just snarl at her at stupid o clock as im exhausted and then when they go, she go's all hyper obv wanting some mummy time and its just crazy

dmo Fri 27-Jul-07 09:55:03

do your dh's not help with bedtime, shopping?
i have asda online shopping which dh puts away
also at 6pm i had a lovely bubble bath for 1 hr while dh made tea, i was so sleepy last night i didnt have tea and went to bed and was asleep for 8.30pm woke this morning at 7am feeling refreshed
as you say your a working mum so get your other half to do his bit
i also have a cleaner twice a week which is a great help

PinkChick Fri 27-Jul-07 09:58:27

dp sorts dd out for bed two nights a week(when i do shopping and when i go to aqua aerobics) at least, i do tea as i start it when mindees are still here as most stay and dd has hers then too..im gunn ahave to get myself organsied as i think that would help!

crace Fri 27-Jul-07 12:50:09

I am considering the online shopping too - though we usually save it for the weekends. DH is hardly around during the week, he works crazy London hours and even working this weekend (he's in IT). So it's me on my own most of the time! I am used to it, some days are harder than others.

Good idea about the food delivery, we also farm out my DHs work shirts to be ironed which a life saver

Shoshable Fri 27-Jul-07 12:57:35

If you do online shopping go to http://www.hotukdeals.com look under your local supermarket. they have all the vouchers for free delivery. I have not paid delivery yet!

fedupwithallthispaperwork Fri 27-Jul-07 22:23:13

i have a cleaner once a fortnight, would do weekly but she pricy and know one else as good. have great polish girl do ironing once a week and a very helpfull dh. shopping i do, have tried it onlne but never get the stuff i really want.

the cleaner and ironer, are fab and i never have to spend the weekend trying to get up to date with house work.

you can put it against your tax aswell, just make sure they give you an invoice.

my daughter is 11 but still want my attention const, i feel permanently guilty for working but if i didnt, we wouldnt have what weve got or the holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now