Talk

Advanced search

Toddler crying at childminders when another child comes

(3 Posts)
PrincessScarlett Sat 22-Jun-19 16:18:42

Hi Cal, so your CM has not said there is any reason for your DD being upset at the older siblings? I think I would suggest to your CM that she watches them all like a hawk to try and work out what the problem is.

Maybe the older siblings are too loud or rough around the younger ones. Maybe they are teasing your DD by, for example, taking toys away from her.

It might be that your DD is crying because of the age she is at and this will pass in time. Does she just cry or does she get really upset, inconsolable and/or seem fearful?

Your CM should really be looking for solutions here.

soniamumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Jun-19 15:36:54

Hi @Cal2279, we're just giving this thread a bump for you in case there are any Mumsnetters on hand to give you a bit of advice and support. flowers. We're also moving it over to the Childminders section.

Cal2279 Wed 19-Jun-19 14:20:28

My lo is just over 2 and has been going to her childminder since she was about 6 months. She has always been settled and happy to go. A couple of months ago my childminder started looking after another little girl who is just under 2, no issues. The little girl has two older sisters that the childminder picks up from school on an ad hoc basis. Initially my lo got upset whenever the sisters were picked up but this has now extended to when the younger sibling is at the childminders and she can cry for the whole time they are there. The childminder has other children and my lo has no issue with any other child just the older two siblings. I obviously don't want my lo upset for so long, sometimes it can be up to two hours that they are there. I'm looking for suggestions on how I can help the childminder build relationships with these older two girls as we're both at a loss and instead of getting better it is getting worse confused

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in