Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Question for KatyMac about puddings

(4 Posts)
lostinlace Tue 24-Jul-07 15:37:06

Just read your posts on 'meals & treats' thread & wondered if I understood what you were doing, because if I have it sounds like a really useful idea. Do you give your children/mindees the healthy part of their pudding a set amount of time after they've started eating & the 'treat' part only when they've finished (or as good as) their dinner? Like this idea as it means they get a pudding but only get the treat bit if they're really hungry.

Is this right, and if so, does it work or do you still get complaints/'I'm not hungry' .... 'I'm hungry again' attempts to get the pud.

Katymac Tue 24-Jul-07 17:56:32

No - if they eat their meal they get both bits of pud (usually swirled around so they can pick the icecream/custard/cake out & leave the fruit

But then most of them love the fruit anyway

So 12 put dinner on the table

12.20 (ish) give pudding to those who deserve & fruit to those who don't

12.40 (ish) remove everything

So child can
a) eat no dinner
b) eat fruit
c) eat dinner
d) have cake/custard/ice cream

or not

HTH???

dmo Tue 24-Jul-07 18:43:28

i used to be really hung up if mindees didnt eat their dinner but now i dont worry as much
12.00 put dinner out
12.20 put fruit out
12.40 yohurt

Mojomummy Tue 31-Jul-07 20:08:00

may have missed an earlier conversation here - but looks like the fruit is the bad deal here ? Is this a good message ?

will check the other thread....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now