Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

******************CM CLUB STAFF ROOM************

(32 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Tue 24-Jul-07 08:01:15

Morning Everyone!

Im very chirpy today because I have a lady coming to see me today about a FT space, she sounds like the sort not to mess me about! (fingers crossed!) she was passed on by current mindees mum, please all pray it goes well!

Downside to this is whenever i get a sniff of anyone new coming one of our cars needs work, last time i got a new mindee i earnt £30 and paid out £160 on my car this time I could earn quite a bit but dp has just announced his car needs an MOT and he needs his exhaust and CV joint doing etc!!

Anyway for now I'm very chuffed because even if this lady wasn't coming he'd have to have an mot and then we'd be up the creek without a paddle!

What have you all got planned?, sun is shining here!!!

mumlove Tue 24-Jul-07 08:32:58

Morning, the sun is shining here to (at the moment). All mindees are here now so hopefully we can go out today after yesterdays wash out.

Hope my DD behaves today.

PinkChick Tue 24-Jul-07 08:36:02

sun is shining but showers expected..guna brave it and take dd an dmindee to diff park today, buy dp a birthday cake from bakers and go to doc at 10.30 to check if this thing ive got is chest infection as want it out of way before we go away in few weeks..please stay away rain!

soak Tue 24-Jul-07 09:00:28

morning all!!

haven't been around for a while - have been busy with my studying (had my childminding exam last thursday) most of it was general knowledge so keep fingers crossed!!!

sun is shining in brum today but weather forcast is rain for the rest of the week

Shoshable Tue 24-Jul-07 09:06:11

Bright here to we are all off to a animal park, well its a agricultural collage that has a lovely walk and the kids can see the animals, picnic lunch as well. Do I take waterproofs or suncream or both!

PinkChick Tue 24-Jul-07 09:07:59

both!, pain in the backside isnt it!..i have just got new buggy and this ones tamdem so may have to take it with us today so mindee and dd dont get soaked!..even tho they are biggy's, i dont want them drowned

KaySamuels Tue 24-Jul-07 09:34:12

Hi everyone!

Sun can't decide whether to come out or not here. I have the day off and am taking ds to toys r us 'groan' - he has become wise to shops and has started putting things in the basket or trolley if he wants them!

Good luck for your meet lmg!

I really should study soak, you have just reminded me! Might get some done tongiht hopefully!

soak Tue 24-Jul-07 09:57:34

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you Kay - when is your exam?

MaureenMLove Tue 24-Jul-07 12:18:18

Oh look at me! Its gone 12 and I'm only just online! No kids today, not even dd. She's been despatched to my aunts in Hampshire til Sunday and me & dh are trying to book last minute camping trip for next week.
Good luck with your lady LMG and get back to studying you others!
Catcha later!

mogs0 Tue 24-Jul-07 12:51:10

Sun shining here too!! We have to wait in for parcel delivery and collection. Mindee 1 & 2 have been screaming and fighting most of the morning and are now having a sleep. Ds is on hols with his Aunty so it's very quiet here at the mo.

I wish delivery people would phone you in the morning to tell you what time they'd be coming!! My door bell doesn't work so have put a note on my door for them to phone when they get here but never sure whether they will or not!!

PinkChick Tue 24-Jul-07 13:24:40

sigh..just got back from baker/doc/park..sun still peeping out now and again but feel rotton now as doc hears the wheeze on my chest/lungs and has given me A.B for it with a veiw to an inhaler next week if no better..doe that sound serious?, i should have asked but had dd and mindee with me..could it be jsut infection or long term thing?, she kept asking if i had ashema(sp)?

Katymac Tue 24-Jul-07 13:29:26

Chest infections can mimic asthma & are often releived by inhalers so don't panic yet

Afternoon all - been at my dad's discussing the future of childminding - which doesn't look too good atm

mumlove Tue 24-Jul-07 13:31:41

Afternoon everyone, well we got to the park and had a lovely run around in the sun. Came home for lunch and now 2 are asleep and 2 are shh! watching piglets big movie.
I am enjoying a nice coffee and the clouds are comming over, hope it doesn't rain.

PC - hopefully you will feel better soon and enjoy the cake.

PinkChick Tue 24-Jul-07 13:37:03

ah thanks KatyMac
will pop to chemist for AB's tonight.

and i will enjoy cake although i have eaten far too much this afty..took dd and mindee to cafe in leisure centre and i had a chicken parmesean(chicken in bread crunb with cheese sauce) new pots and big salad..wasnt too fattening as chicken was better than pork but it was a big prtion(couldnt eat it all and thats not me!), then ate a little smartie dohnut with dd....not worthy of a stoning i know but now i know i have to eat cake tonight i feel a fat knacker again(yes i DO HAVE to eat some cake tonight..yes i DO...YES I DO!)

PinkChick Tue 24-Jul-07 13:38:17

hows things going anyway KatyMac?, dont add much on here these days, so may have missed some important threads?

Katymac Tue 24-Jul-07 13:38:28

While you have the infection minimised your dairy stuff (milk/cheese/cream etc) the fats in them thicken the mucous and make it difficult to shift

PinkChick Tue 24-Jul-07 13:39:42

ah, thankyou for your wise tips...cake is ok though isnt it???

i have been having lots of milk as have a thing for porridge at minute??

Katymac Tue 24-Jul-07 13:40:14

Badly - very badly - I am averaging 3.5 children a day instead of 9 - I am totally broke

Katymac Tue 24-Jul-07 13:40:56

Porridge is OK with skimmed milk : Cake good....cream cake bad

PinkChick Tue 24-Jul-07 13:50:16

ok, ill just have extra cake and no cream..shit, thats terrible the drop in your mindees..is it same everywhere or could it be down to your ex assistant who pretended she was ofsted inspected while using yours???

LoveMyGirls Tue 24-Jul-07 14:02:23

Lady came - was lovely, lo was so dainty! She said she has another cm to go and see BUT she thinks she will be bringing her dd here as she likes me but i wont hold my breath yet i'll wait until papers are signed and first weeks money is in my hand!

When mindee's mum came she asked if i had a space as her friend is asking as well - so from 0 enquiries to 2 in less than 24hrs!

KATYMAC - Please don't give up completely you are good at this you're all set up for it, could you just work on your own or just with your dh? surely if you're not paying wages out then you would have enough to live on?

Katymac Tue 24-Jul-07 14:20:25

Well yes - but then if i get full again I will need my staff - plus they are my friends I can't just dump them

MaureenMLove Tue 24-Jul-07 14:22:13

Good news LMG - fingers crossed, she sounds positive.
Katy - I'm looking at a campsite for next week in a place called Eye, is that anywhere near you?

Rubybees Tue 24-Jul-07 14:26:10

Good luck LMG with lady coming back

Been a buzy day here, got my 3 under 5's and ds 5, we've been painting and playing out in the garden most of the day. The weatehr for a change is sunny yeah!

Got a full house tomorrow, my 9&11 year old sister are coming arhhh why did I say yes hohum!

My dd yesturday desided to start of the hols with a bang, whilst walking the dog she split her lip open and chipped a tooth! Their was blood everywhere, and is it mean but all I could think was at least it's not a mindie

PinkChick Tue 24-Jul-07 14:27:51

just had to turn down family of three tomorrow, just a one off and i had no one yesterday so could have done it then(1yr old, 4yr old and 7 yr old)..never heard anything from the mum wanting hol care for 5&9yr old girls

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now