Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

HELP re: policy on timekeeping

(5 Posts)
Pixiefish Fri 20-Jul-07 17:36:39

I am trying to word a letter to go into out preschool palygroup nursery pack. One point I am going to make is that if parents are over 30 minutes late and haven't notified us then we have to take official steps. I remember a childminder pal of mine also had this policy but i need to word it in a nice yet official way. is there a legal requirement on us to do this?

Can anyone let me see their wording?
TIA

BBBBasilisk Fri 20-Jul-07 17:39:25

we used to charge for when parents were late - I don't have the policy to hand but can look it up on the other computer if you are desperate.

dmo Fri 20-Jul-07 17:44:34

non collection of child:
if a child is not collected at the end of the day the procedure will be as follows:
1) the parent/carer will be contacted by telephone if they are not available the emergency contact person on your childs registration form will be contacted.
2) if your child is not collected 1 hour after their normal pick up time social services will be informed.

at all times during this process your child will be made to feel comfortable and reassured.

Pixiefish Fri 20-Jul-07 17:46:50

Thank you both, we have one parent who is often late and we need to word it stronly enough to deter them without frightening the other parents iyswim

PinkChick Mon 23-Jul-07 09:15:05

set up a charge for every 15 mins theyre late ie: each 15 mins late is charged hourly until time collected so if normally £5 per hour in time, it would be £20 per hour when late, plus state that if they do not give you a courtesy call alerting you that they will be late, the second contact will be called after 15 minutes follwed by social services if that person cannot be contacted/collect child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now