Talk

Advanced search

30 hours funding - forgot to recheck eligibility

(4 Posts)
JoKy Wed 22-May-19 09:23:55

Hi,

I've made a really stupid mistake by forgetting to recheck my eligibility for the summer term of my daughter's nursery. It was May 3rd before the nursery contacted me to see what the issue was. It should have been done on March 31st. Now I'm faced with a nursery bill of £1200. My own fault, I know. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else on here and if you were able to get the funding in the end. I've already called the council and they say there is nothing they can do as I missed the deadline.

OP’s posts: |
GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Wed 22-May-19 09:27:33

If the council have said no then it’s a no. The deadlines are really strict I’m afraid. We’ve already been paid in our LA for the summer term.

Apple40 Wed 22-May-19 21:40:16

Hi, sorry if you missed the dead line then sorry no there is nothing you can do especially if local authorities have already said so. Only way to save money would be to give notice to nursery for the extra hours and just hope they have the space again next term.

JoKy Thu 23-May-19 11:10:28

Thanks, both for the feedback. That's pretty much what I thought.
@Apple40 - She goes to School in September so I couldn't even use them then sad That will teach me.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in