Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

car grant for childminders?

(6 Posts)
bambi06 Sat 14-Jul-07 17:47:00

someone said recently that you can get a car grant to buy a bigger car for your childminding, does anybody know anything about this and how to go about it?

Katymac Sat 14-Jul-07 18:53:50

No - But if you find out - I'll have one

looneytune Sat 14-Jul-07 19:01:36

Never heard of that I'm afraid. I bought my bigger car in Feb and could have done with a grant, anyway, suppose it's another one of those 'depends on where you live' things.

Do let us know if you find out.

bambi06 Sat 14-Jul-07 22:10:25

oh well ..i live in hope .i`ll keep searching!!

Mum2Luke Wed 18-Jul-07 22:17:26

I think we should be able to offset a car against tax, after all we use it for our work similar to a company car don't we?

I could only afford to buy a T reg VW Sharan for £6,000 3 or 4 yrs ago, could do with changing it but just have not got the funds. I'd buy another of the same car as a newer one has 7 seats all with a 3 point belt and safety curtain airbags as well as passenger and driver ones.

We have 5 in my family, 4 of us are adult sized so ned the leg room you don't really get in a hatch or estate. We can fit 2 more minded children in if we need to which is very useful.

ayla99 Thu 19-Jul-07 11:21:25

You can claim capital expenses. However thats far too complicated for me - means you have to do full accounts, probably need to employ & discuss with an accountant. Think there's a brief note in the NCMA book.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: