Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What am I going to do now???

(6 Posts)
StrangelyBzar Fri 13-Jul-07 21:39:35

Today was my DS's last morning at his childminder's. What on earth am I going to do now? How will I survive? He doesn't start pre-school until October!!

nannynick Fri 13-Jul-07 22:34:29

I would suggest getting out and about, else you may go stir crazy at home. Young children like easy things - walks in the woods (took my lot for twice this week for walks, each a little over 3 miles long - we took GPS, so know how far and how long it took - they are 2, 4 and 8 years old), going to a park, going for a trip on a bus, trip on a train.

Good luck, long time between now and October.

StrangelyBzar Sat 14-Jul-07 20:32:05

Thank you nannynick. I am a little limited as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, and at the beginning of August, I am having my wrist fused, so I shall be in plaster for 6-8 weeks! Arghhhhh! I think I need to have the hols on a commune! LOL.
I like the idea of train trips - my DS loves anything like that, and I will have my DD (7) to help. He has just sussed how to use the mouse on the computer, so there maybe something in that! Thanks.

Katymac Sun 15-Jul-07 07:47:25

Maybe you still need a childminder until you are recovered from your op?

squiffy Mon 16-Jul-07 09:28:38

Have you the room to squeeze in an au-pair for a while? I can recommend an English girl I've just used whilst my regular nanny was on holiday - she's looking for work until college starts in September.... she was fab with our two and is very quiet/tidy/polite. she may have found something by now but I can check for you if you want.

StrangelyBzar Mon 23-Jul-07 18:12:13

Thank you for your suggestions. My childminder starts her new job ib 2 weeks time. In the last week, I have started finding alternatives, and my friends here are very supportive. Less than two weeks to go till the op!

Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now